Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSU/Genesys medical centre FM IV anyone!? - carly
Hello everyone,
This is my one and only interview, so I want to make sure it goes well. Did anyone interview here or know anything about the program/ Interview? Anyone has any tips for performing your best at the interview?
Sorry no. But I have to mention that the hospital is beautiful, looks like a very expensive and exclusive hotel, I visited the place a couple of years ago. Good luck
Genesys looks like a very expensive/exclusive hotel? What kind of crack are you smoking?

Also, OP, they do group interviews.. around 10-15 at once.. be ready for rough waters.
well the hospital was definitely much better than i expected...although the city itself was kinda depressing....there were a lot of people there for the interview, but everyone with the program were really nice. Normal interviews, group interviews were done, but nothing overly stressful. hope that helps!
thank you everyone for the feedback. How many applicants were there in group interviews? what kind of questions were asked? It is my first interview so want to prepare the best I can.
Hey Carly,

I interviewed at genesys last year. They interview a lot of people, almost 100% Caribbeans (mostly from Canada). They interview 12 people in one day. Freida says last year they interviewed 198 people, but the PC told me they interviewed over 200 people.

You interview with one of the PDs (either the DO or the MD one), one other faculty member, and a group interview with 3 applicants and a Psychologist where you discuss ethical situations. The PD will also ask you some medical questions. Everyone is nice, so don't sweat it.
@kevinmd thanks so much for your response! By medical questions, do you mean presenting a case or differentials or management? any hint or example would be really appreciated! It is my first interview so not sure what kind of medical questions to expect
Carly, I'd be happy to help, but I don't think I should disclose the case given to me on the forum. All I can say is that the PD gives you a common case (you don't present), and you give differentials. It's usually a very common case. Hope that helped.
@kevinmd that helps a lot! thank you again for your help Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »