Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plz help! mistake in application - vrachprash
i am an indian. i graduated from a medical college in russia.after i received my degree from russia i took an exam in india to register myself in india. following which i did a year of internship ( i mean to say that this internship has nothing to do with my degree from russia,no tranfer of any credits that is)

now i have taken my step 1 and also my med.education credentials have been verified by the ECFMG.

my question is 1)to the question whether i have attended any other med.school i have said no.

now i have recently applied for step 2 ck and cs.

the application says "none" to the question "any other med school attended.

will i have any problems now? is this irregular behavior? can i send them a copy of that internship certificate now?
any suggestions or similar experiences people? plz help
from what you are telling, you needed to do the internship in India to work as a physician. But the US system does not require you to do an internship in India, does it? Check if the degree in Russia is considered complete in USA. I am imagining it must be, otherwise you wouldn't have been able to take any exams.

So from the surface it seems there should not be any problem for you if you put NO to any other medical school attended.

relax and study hard. Send a copy if they ask, otherwise don't raise a problem that doesn't exist yet just because you are feeling anxious.

take care
Why the F would an Indian go to study in Mother Russia? That is one heck of a serious downgrade! It's the equivalent of an American going over to a beach school to "study medicine".
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »