Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to apply for research - drtimmy
Hello
Can anyone help as to how to apply for research in places like hopkins or harvard or cleveland clinic...
There is no particular co-ordinator who deals with voluntary research at these places...
Do I have to mail to all the faculty regarding my interest?
also...can I do research on B-1 visa or need to convert it to J-1?
That's a good question. I tried finding research as a volunteer and was unable to last year. I am told its hard unless you know someone Sad
any help??
is it better to have 6months of research or 2 months of externship in our resume ?

as for the research, we just have to keep trying till we get them, obviously, contacts help.
u have to identify your research interest
contact principal investigators in that field with CV and personal statement.
sometimes it requires aggressiveness...going to every single website in that particular field and emailing and contacting program cordinator.
U have to be ready to commit long term. If u say u want to do research for less than 6 months...its not attractive to most investigators
@drtimmy in which field you want the research position, may be I can help you..
@ars25: you sound too good. I am also interested in joining a research. Can you help me plz? I would join any research, really been tired of searching.
@ars25: thanks man...i am inteested to do resrch in neurology or any IM related specialty.
my email id is aloobus
@hopefulimg..thanks..in which field are you applying for?

@drtimmy ..I just emailed you..hope it helps..

@ ars25

can u pls email me too
ayseleir
i am interested in med

thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »