Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interview question: difficult people - sys_71082
Who do you find to be the most difficult type of person to work with and how do you handle working with them?

I'd say the most difficult type of people to work with are those who do not fulfill their responsibilities and put the burden on others in the team. The ones who leave early without getting work done or who dont put in 100% while working. But how to handle them, i'm not sure. The only thing I can think of that I'd do is talk to them and figure out whats going on, if theres a reason this is happening or if its in their nature. And then to let them know the importance of every member of the team to get the job done. If the problem continues I'd get a senior involved.

I dont know if this is a good answer or not
I think that's a great answer. It's honest. Plus my friend is having a hard time in his program because no one wants to work and put in the time, giving the rest of the residents a bad name.
I think arrogant people are the most difficult to work with...those who don't admit they don't know everything.
@kevinmd: I have met a lot of those Smile They make me nervous
I know!!! I would not want to work with them. They never admit they might be wrong. And it is a very common problem especially in our profession.
I agree. It's very hard to work with them. I know they are wrong but then I doubt myself at the same time. So it makes me very nervous and I lose confidence.
1st rule of medicine: never doubt yourself. Until you are signing the death certificate, then it may be a good time to see where you went wrong
thanks for input guys! and i agree, arrogant people are difficult also to work with and it really makes you doubt yourself just because of their confidence in their answer, even if we know inside that its wrong.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »