Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychiatry- Invitation/Rejection Match 2014 -Part2 - psychiatryhopeful
hi chere45 i matched rutgers newark too for psych! send me your contact details

shariq786
anyone matched in Hennepin for psychiatry? Thank god I matched, curious to know who will be there?
Ladies and gents let me tell you my story
Psych experience in home country, Psych experience in UK-psych core trainee (which means working full schedule 48-72 hrs/ week if you are doing extra work, on-call general adult, old age psych, forensic ,clinics, ward rounds, audits and so on), MRCP paper 1, volunteer in psych in UK. YOG late 2012
My mom and dad are both psych, my whole life was around psychiatry
Countless of extracurricular psychiatry experience

No serious research on my CV which honestly I don't think it matters anyways. It's pretty damn hard to produce valuable research while being involved in clinical care

Now you might say you should come and shadow someone. Ok ok but how do you pay your expenses flights/hotels and so on while you just observe for 2-3 months?? I think a 3 mo US experience including flights is easily 10 000$ then money to apply for the new Match 3000$+ another 5000$ if you have some interviews dang And I don't know how you guys find those externships/observerships because I couldn't find any beside through scam companies like ameri...clerckship and so on

I have no attempts
had 1 IV....
As long as you need a visa, have low scores it's GAME OVER
The most I can do is to buy another 3000$ lottery ticket next year to see what it happens
Who all in the List or not in the List, Matched in Psychiatry. Congratulations and Please share. Thank you.
@vali23. i know u from cmu .i want to talk to you . do u have a skype id?
Vali

How are you? I meet you at Cmu.
I matched to a different psychiatric university program.

This psychiatric thread is very informative.

I heard about CMU from this forum.

All the best guys.
@notredam
Write me your id at sivantu

@jondallas
Congrats! I'm very happy for you!!!
Hey, how are you mate?
Are you the guy from Egipt?

I'm ok, doing my training residency here in uk- psychiatry, doing what I enjoy the most, working hard, dedicating my whole time to this field.
Hopefully next year I will be here proudly saying I matched Wink
Good luck in your new residency program!!!!!

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »