Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychiatry- Invitation/Rejection Match 2014 -Part2 - psychiatryhopeful
Or maybe my iw performance was not well enoughSmile
@vyas I felt the same, I did talk to pd for like 8 mins, also my 30mins scheduled only lasted 10mins
@ Jim did u have 3 or 4 ivs?
4 ivs, what about you
@jim101 - Are all of your Ivs in psych?
Has anyone got any interviews for psych lately? It seems like once this week is over there is hardly any more interviews left by programs to invite.
yea i was thinking the same thing Undecided
Here Comes a Generic Email for Every one who interviewed at the famous CMU

Hello, all! We recently finished interviewing and wanted to thank you again for visitingus. Some of you took extraordinary measures to get here on the coldest day in20 years. We thoroughly enjoyed the process and consider it a privilege tohave made friends with such a diverse group of accomplished and interestingpeople. That was a compliment, by the way. I realize that some folks wonder what itmeans when a psychiatrist describes someone as "interesting." We are examining our interview data and hope to create a rank order in thenext few days. Meanwhile, I have one "business" message and one "personal"message. The "business" concerns visas for those of you who are not US Citizens orpermanent residents. One of you asked me about this in December and I gave avague but optimistic response which I fear could have been misleading. I askeda few questions to clarify our institutional policy, which is as follows: You can train at CMU under a J-1 visa sponsored by ECFMG. This is the onlyvisa under which non-immigrants can pursue residency training in the CMUprograms. I realize that for a few of you this will not be good news. Sorry. If gaininginstitutional sponsorship for H1-b status is important for you, we would notbe your program of choice. The state of Michigan sponsors a J-1 waiver which allows some physicians whohave trained under a J-1 visa to work in an underserved area of Michigan inexchange for waiver of the requirement to return home for two years. Thisprogram has nothing to do with CMU, but it may be a convenient way for some ofyou to blend an immigration solution with our shared mission of caring for themedically underserved. You can find out more about this at. On a more personal note.... I was sleepless last night imagining a program that would include all of you. We faculty have met brilliant scholars, innovative researchers, creativethinkers, artists, and musicians, thoughtful skeptics and rebels, soldiers andheroes, fearless crusaders, youthful idealists, compassionate souls, and evena few psychiatrists who are just a piece of paper short of joining thefaculty. Most of you surely deserve the opportunity to train in psychiatryand medicine and to put your years of painful preparation to the service ofmankiind. Indeed, I may feel better if my program matches with the lastcandidate on our list, since then I will know that the rest of you have faredwell. I have received many kind messages from applicants but have not been able toreply to them all; nevertheless, your comments are appreciated
Very touching email!
@jason this my one and only iv, to make matters worse I couldn't even attend it in person due the weather
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »