Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J1 waiver - kirito
Let's say you get a full time job at an underserved area for 3 years for J1 waiver.
The problem is you have to stamp H1B visa at your home country embassy.
Is there a chance that your H1B might be rejected at your home country for some reasons ?
The problem is you have to stamp H1B visa at your home country embassy: not true, so there is no problem and that ur problem is all solved! u dont need to leave the us for such,u can get that change of j to h and waiver rite here in the us.
now, if u wanna to go back and forth on a visa...no matter wht...thre is always a chance to get denied or rejected...dat happens even for gc holders and is pretty much written on ther cards. ...only us citizens are safe. gl
I see. thanks for your info rajji.

Let's say I wanna travel outside the US.
H1B stamp can only be done outside the US. So, without the stamp, I won't be able to travel outside the US because I can't re-enter.

u r keep repeating urselef: "hib stamps can only be done outside the US.."=> wrong dude, u can get it done rite here. u dont need to leave the US....now u wana to leave the US on any visa...even gc...thre is a chance to get denied at the port. for gc, if there is major claim...for visa...for the good reason, it is a visa and can be denied at anytime...rare though...unless suspicious to bla bla as u knw..like being involved in terristic crap or else which is not common...my frnd got denied on h visa when left to visit family somewhere in europe and he was a 2nd yr resident, cudnt secure any visa to finish his residency and lost it . i dont knw why it happened, heard lots of different stories, well, visa is risky to make a trip...i heard anther resident from india got denied on return too and had lots of difficulties to return. gl
Another question is
if I get married to a US citizen by chance after working for 12 months on a J1 waiver job, can I apply for a GC at that time ?
Or Do I need to wait for a 3 year contract to be fulfilled to apply for a GC ?

If I don't get married and after I have finished working for 3 years on a J1 waiver job, can I change my job location and apply for a GC ? or Do I need to still work at that location to apply for a GC ?

It's complicated.
@kirito You are correct, H1-B visa Stamp can only be obtained outside the USA. That is the visa you need to travel in and out of the country. The H1B approval (I-797) for work is issued by the USCIS within the US and that allows you to work for one employer (hospital). You can only obtain the H1-B visa stamp once the H1-B has been approved and issued by the USCIS.
@dr911
Thanks for your info.

I also found a link.
http://www.rockefeller.edu/hr/immigrationFAQ

To make it clear, the status change from J1 to H1B can be done in the states after getting a J1 waiver job but the stamp can only be obtained in the home country.

per your link, it is confirmed, H1b visa stamp can only be obtained outside the US
I am not sure switching from J1 to H1 is very easy ... what about the J1 requirement to leave for a period or serve for a few years in under-served area? Also, i do not think it is easy to change from J1 to GC thru marriage to a citizen either. I think you need to google more.
Ok. This is last time I comment here. U dont need t stamp it outside. That's for sure and since my roommate did it.
If u r j ...no way in heaven u can get gc without waiving...even if u marry the president of the us. U have to waive it and they dont take it easy.
kirito is right
U can convert from J1 to H1 internally.
However once you travel outside you need to stamp it
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »