Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
apply for research - mdmohammad
I am an int medical intern, and i want to apply for research in internal medicine.
some questions are:
1) is it enough to have a good background of research and int publications? or school performance is influencing? what about step 1 score?
2) is it required to pass step 2 ck for applying?
3) if i have 8 publication in IF>2 journals and most in different subspeciality of IM, is it makes applying harder? because of different subspeciality background?
4) how i can earn fund? what university you suggest?
I would appreciate any help.
@mdmohammad

1. if you have IM publications that makes you a very strong candidate. some university based programs will turn you away with a bad step 1 score. if you have an attempt or low score, try a community-based program.
2. I don't think its required but will make u stronger candidate if you've taken it w high score.
3. that shouldn't negatively influence too bad, but again, stronger if you have same subspecialty program as they see diligence/dedication
4. paid research fellowships are very hard to score at a university based ACGME accredited program unless you know someone/have connections. many will take you as a volunteer without pay.
you can email me dinajaan if you have any more questions, i'm an FMG and doing research now at CHLA
@madinamd
I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »