Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone with attempts? - kmas2011
hello dr's
I want to ask if anybody get to know some IMG this year with an attempt in CS and got any interview????
I have an attempt in CS and got 232,235 need visa and have 3mths USCE YOG 2011
I applied on 19 sept. and got no IV at all
thinking to do Step 3
but do you think pediatrics or neurology is easier than IM ???
plz reply if you know about persons with attempt and got IV ....
one more question
if I apply next year with my wife as a couple match she is in pediatrics and I'm in IM will it help more she got 245+ in both steps but no USCE and will take CS in june and with same YOG as mine....so what do you think guys?????
thanks for reply
Step 3 would be a big plus - but only take it when you are completely ready as you have decent scores in other steps. I have seen many successful on the forum with multiple CS attempts but smart planning.

I don't think peds or neuro easier. I hear that neuros starting salary is 300K, while IM is 180K - so obviously neuro will be competitive (of course neuro is an advanced degree compared to IM but 4 years vs 3 years and it is much tougher to get into IM fellowships anyway)

As far as I know, couples matching is offered by only few programs and withing the same specialty. I don't think the couples matching works the way you mentioned in your post - peds & IM. Hope this helps!
couples matching is not necessarily offered by programs .... and can be in any specialty
http://www.nrmp.org/match-process/couples-in-the-match/
i almost have identical scores as yours, but i have citizenship, yet longer yog, and the same results. i would think you should at least get some ivs
i think i figured it out why, if you are a young pretty girl, with your credential, you would have tons of ivs already
@passedimg lol does it really matter?? to be a girl Smile

thanks guys for reply
@kmas2011 indeed it is important, i am going to get a plastic surgery next year to make myself appear younger, and prettier, haha
I must be really ugly then since no interviews Smile
hi, i am joking, but believe it or not, looking definitely play a role, otherwise we don't need to upload our photo. they don't want to work with a dinosaurSmile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »