Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What type of visa for observerships? - bigmac
Can anyone tell me what type of visa is usually given for observerships in a teaching hospital? I got in touch with the person at the hospital who organizes these observerships and unfortunately she wasn't able to provide such information. If anybody could help me out that would be great. Thanks!
I am not sure but i think B1/B2
Thanks! Any other responses?
B1/B2 because you dont get paid so a j1 or H1 is not needed.If you are gonna apply for a B1/B2 visa and the reason you are gonna tell is because of an observership,make sure you get a letter from the institution where you will have your USCE.
Thank you very much! I definitely do not want a J1 visa just for an observership.
Bi/b2 if you stay for more than 6 months they can offer a J . Of course if you are in the country with other type of visa, yo don't need to change it
Can we do it on F2 visa? I mean if u are a student somewhere and manage to do an observership in ur vacation or free time? I heard a few.colleges dnt allow that but what abt others? Do you know anyone who did observership in F1 visa? Also wud there be any problem applying for a residency while we r on a F1 visa here?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »