Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DoctaM3's Step 3 Prep & Strategy - doctam3
Hey DoctaM3,
I have a quick question about time management for studying for this, If you could please give me your thoughts on this (or anyone else with an appropriate response)

I do one block, which takes which takes an hour then reviewing the block takes like 4 but mostly 5 hours! (taking notes in mtb3 and making sure i get the concepts)
but i've been going through threads and i think even in this thread its mentioned that you need to do more blocks a day (I'm assuming with some review since the answers are the most important part) but how is it possible to do say 3-4 blocks a day, review them and prepare for other aspects of this test?
or does that moment happen once you go through the entire Qbank once and therefore only review qs that you missed?

Thank you
efficient time management

write out what you do every hour of the day for a full week and then review it.. if you're on the internet for however minutes not doing studying..log it in .. how much time you sleep, spend eating, relaxing, and studying .. log it all in and then review .. and then come up with a plan of study ..

eg: during my peak studying .. i was doing 6 blocks / day with review for all .. woke up at 5am.. started at 6am .. did my 6 blocks in timed and mixed mode straight .. then lunch break for an hr or so until 1pm..reviewed 3 blocks (with mtb correlation) until 5pm..dinner break til 630pm .. reviewed the last 3 blocks until 11pm .. sleep for 6 hrs ... repeat 6 days a week.. kept sunday for review of all notes from the week just to keep up to date.
doctam3, thank you for the prompt reply and insight. I appreciate it Smile
np...good luck!
Hi everyone, Does anybody know how I can get step 3 high yield videos? my email is: skyyhigh2000
doctam3

Thought your strategy on read the answers first, the questions later was pretty stellar. I'm consistently completing UW-blocks timed/unused/mixed 10min ahead of deadline and many of them 20min ahead of deadline.

Can you send me an email at matchusmle@outlook.com - I'd like to have you look at and review my PS.
sky_high: post that comment on a new thread on the main page instead of this thread

leesooman..glad it helped.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »