Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How hard is it to transfer to PGY-2 from Canada? - toxic_megacolon
Hi all,

In comparison to switching programs within the US - do you think it'd be much harder to do so as a Canadian who has finished their first year of residency in a good Canadian program, but would like to transfer to a program in the US?

I ask this because it seems my chances in canada might be higher (4 IVs vs 2 in US)... which is fantastic. But my significant other lives in NJ. I would really prefer to transfer closer to him. We've decided if i can't, we're going to call it quits. An extra 4-5 years of residency (plus a return of service contract!) is just too long for us to continue long distance.

All advice appreciated. Thanks Smile
@toxicmegacolon.....
I sm sorry but I do not have the answer to ur query.
Since u are from Canada I was hoping u wud b able to guide me. I m an IMG who recently migrated to Toronto. I was wondering if you would know any forum which might help me find study partners to prepare for Step 3, MCCQE 1 and NAC. My email ts rajabhoje@yahoo.co.uk. helpis greatly appreciated. Tahnks.
There is no mutual transfer between the two medical system. CARMS vs ECFMG totally different if you are an IMG
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »