Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I find it quite ironic.....(Khan's Cases) - borislav
people trying to get pirated PDF read STOLEN copy of Khans Medical ETHICS cases

every day there are posts here

anyone else find it ironic??
i started reading it, cases are good but most answers are opposite to what kaplan says. I found it misleading.
A little too ironic...and, yeah, I really do think...

It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife
kaplan is wack with behaviour. when you read the answers explanation in khans cases, i'm 100% sure that you agree with it because it is legit. kaplan is a b class for step 1 prep. they only make thing look hard when its not. its your choice anyway to go with whatever you like. do you wanna tell me that you didnt see UW questions there and the answers were the same? dont lie to yourself. the book it Good
is
here is an example:

what would you do for a patient from his blood a nurse gets needle stick?

khans says regardless of the pts consent do hiv test on the pat, other references says if pat doesn't consent just treat the nurse as the pat is hiv positive and do not perform hiv test on the pat if he doesn't consent. plenty of cases like this.....
@ shool, u might be misunderstanding "khan's" explanation. bcoz this is exactly how u r supose to do it. the way Khan's cases explan it.
@tictoc

Nope, look at the case in page 19 please

khan says: order the test as the nurse requests. which i think is WRONG
you never have the right to do any test/procedure on a competent patient if he/she doesn't consent. this what dr Daugherty says with emphasis
u have to think in terms, tht concent doesn't apply if other's person's health is at risk, there r exceptions, u have to know the exceptions.

i ll check the pages u mentioned. i also think, kaplan doesn't give u all the info u need to answer ethic q's.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »