Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed step1.. need emergency advice - gynaegurl83
I was preparing for my step1 last yr for almost 6m. though in between I had a lot of disturbances.
i used to get 65% in u world which later on improved to 85 n den 90 n a few 100%
did nbme. did fa thrice
nbme15 i scored 210
nbme 11 i scored 230
nbme 13 i scored 234
nbme 12 i scored 259
n i gave my xam 4 weeks bk n result cam last day n it showed FAIL.
i cant belive t n i cant figure out wt went wrong. i wrote my xam on dec17/2013 at Gurgaon.
did nebody else face a similar problem..
i don knw wt to do
can smbdy advice
I'm surprised you failed with those NBME scores. What did you get on real one if you don't mind sharing? Was it close to NBME 15? I heard NBME 15 is a close predictor and I see that it was 210. I really think next time you will definitely make it with little more effort looking at your score.
Just know that you are not the only one at all. There are definitely many other students in same boat as you and also those who made it on 2nd try. I personally know 2 students who are currently doing clinicals after passing it 2nd time.
So definitely its no big deal any more these days if you don't make it the 1st time. The worst thing you can do is be depressed about it and give up after coming so far in life and so close to reaching the top!!
This is scary!!! NBME 12 - 259, Exam - FAIL... Wow... I am pooping my pants...
Ask him, in nbme 12, wehre u said u got 259, is it 259 name score system or usmle 3 digit score system?
and in other nbmes too. and were u just memorizing questions?
NBME 11 & 12 are very tough in all NBME.
i dont understand what happened.
go ahead.
I dont understand, even if he/she was memorizing questions only on uworld, its not like that person had seen the nbme questions before. This is so scary, but guys look at it this way, if 99% nbme scores correlate then that still is the gold standard to predict, we cant let speculations and overthinking about stuff we have no control over, stress us out.
can nebody advice me on hw to go forward with this thing.
You could ask them to recheck your grade. Call to find out how u could do so.
he scored so high because he did nbme offline. before doing online. it doesnt mean u know the materials if u dont understand it
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »