Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to get free clinical observership and USCE? - drhh1983
Can anyone please tell me where I can get free clinical observership and hands-on clinical experience? Thank you.
FREE?? Sorry my friend NOTHING is free in USA .... God Bless these United States.
by contact
post ur email @ drhh1983
plz send me too
drrafi110
Cool.Thanks everyone for honest opinions.. appreciate it.
Yeah you can, by networking and friends.
free and fast: frdns and private office.
paid: not sure and since some ask for lots of $$ and leave u with a lor which u can get from a private office or a frnd or a relative anyways. or u may find a doc from ur nation to help u out with such. it goes much faster and easier dan trying blindly . I read ppl at big cities like Michigan are trying for months with no luck. also, nowadays, univ or bigger institutes demand for bunch of paperworks, visa, immunizations .. and fees and it takes time to get done with all stuffs. nj, ny has more option and is friendlier dan other states for fmg, so u may target those bigger cities where many img try the same, u can share rent and else which helps a lot to be on ur own.
another benefit of using ur own buds or someone from ur own background is that u r more likely to come across a kind soul to help u...not abusive ppl who can give u hard time and an avrg lor at the end. knw that there are places who are not fmg frndly. I had frnds who worked hard at big univ programs for months and the pd/doc gave them negative or avrg lor at the end which was useless. don't waste ur time and money on those places where is not img frndly. gl
Staten Island University Hospital in NYC offers free IM observerships but it is very limited (I think 2 only for each month). Try to contact them and try. Good Luck
Hands-on rotation are not free you need to pay for them.

You need to search for them and should pay the amount for the rotation, they are important for the application and will be providing strong LORs.

Also observerships will not be having much value as hands-on rotations because they are just shadowing and will not be having direct contact with patients.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »