Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My worry - loni
I am keep reading your posts and I have to say, it make me very worry. i have my iv, i send a thank you not, and that it! I did not send any ranking letters, any Christmas Wishes, or any reminder that I am still existing. And it is not so that I am not interested. i AM! SO much! I just dont know, whether it is appropriate to send them mails. Now I am worry, maybe I should, and I missed something by not doing it!!!!
@loni: be calm - there's no point thinking of things you can't change. You can send ranking letters now if you want. But if a program wants you, it would take you regardless your post-interview communication.
none of that is a deciding factor in accepting you to a program....you are accepted solely based on your credentials and interview...thank you letters and christmas wishes are just a courtesy.
Hello,
What do you mean by ranking letter. Can you plz explain it? I have done none of those you mentioned, just thank you letter after the IV.
Ranking letters are simply letters to PDs stating how they are going to rank their program. However, it is uncertain whether ranking letters really make any difference.
Ranking letters do not hep, it is your interview file that is going to be deciding factor now. In programs the selection committee will decide the fate of all of us now. One thing can be done now. Sit tight and pray hard!
If by ranking letter it is meant to disclose to the programs that you are going to rank them high, it is,in my view, illegal and against the policies of the NRMP. It is a policy of NRMP that neither the applicants nor the hospitals would disclose their ranking preferences to each other.

GL !
@abcd77 I'm not sure if what you said is actually true. I know that it's illegal to ask programs or for programs to ask applicants how they will be ranked. However, I don't think it's illegal simply to let them know that you will rank them high.
You CAN offer to tell them where you ranked them but you CANNOT ask them where they ranked you or pressure them to. Anyway, none of these letters or anything matter. No program is going to say "Oh he sent me a christmas card lets give him the position" its completely based on credentials and itnerview period. Sending them these thigns as "reminders" doesnt help either because right after the interview they score you based ont he interview and rank you based on that. All of these thank yous etc are just a common courtesy
But is it not that if pd say he likes you then you should also rank program high so you can achieve computer match? Like that you can also tell them and they will rank you so that they can take you before another program?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »