Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alleghney General hospital or UPMC mercy - needtomatchsoon
which one will you guys rank higher and why?
In terms of training, I think aleghn stands better. I had observ@aligh and really liked it..it took m lots of effort t have dat rotation there and at a sub spec.....didnt get a call from them though. Ived at mercy...it ws nice...but I knw hospital is very crowded...lots of work and not real time for board.not even training...dats wht my frnds told m and heard on forums or sdn. I think up t u...how did u feel? Basically,there shudnt b much difference..I wud g with alegh if I had iv ther. Gl
nice thank for the reply @rajji
UPMC is a better program, no doubts !!!! In nutshell its a better brand !!
need: u r welcome . as aka said, see how u felt on iv and facility. i got a chance to rotate with an attending at alegh and absolutely loved it.but then, mercy didnt take my attention much. i had ivs with couple of amgs and i felt totally single out! while, alegh has lots of residents and attending fmg. again, i wish i had calls at alegh! i was told they prefer fresh grads, so i understand it. see which one suits u better. upmc is a big name, but mercy upmc is like a com hospital affiliated with upmc. in fact, upmc has lots of clinics and facilities affiliated to them (mostly due to economic, or else, upmc bought them and that s wht i heard)...this doesnt mean the quality of training is the same as upmc! in fact, i noticed upmc sends ther fresh grads out to those facilities. anyways, i cud be biased since i really like alegh. look into sdn and other forums for further advice and best of luck to u.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »