Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please help please help - biqky
Im an img .. please tell how much money I will need for whole process till getting matched ..please I have to decide about usmle and money is my limiting factor.. a rough estimate please...
If u dont have anyone here in US who can take care of your accomodation, it takes around 12-14 thousand dollar from step 1 to your return to home country. Its minimum..
thanks brother .. that will help a lot ..
it will all depend on certain factors as:
- How do you plan to prepare to usmle? Just USW, FA, Kaplan? Do you plan to do a course for step 2cs?
- Do you plan do any obseverhips or externship? Where how many months?
- How many places do you plan to apply for? how many interviews do you plan to go? Do you live in usa?

You see this whole process is very complex, I esteem that I have spent almost 30k with everything. And I didn't count the money I didn't receive because I wasn't working.
hmm. u mean around 18 lac...isn't it a bit too much ... I can't afford so much .. up to 10 lac was fine but ....
@biqky
if you apply to 100 programs that alone will cost you 2152 dollars. And this is just to apply...
Group 1:

USMLE step exams: $ $4000.00
NRMP TOKEN+ERAS TOKEN $ 200.00
ERAS APPLICATION FEE: $5000.00
Match a resident List: $150.00

Roughly: $9350.00 (roughly)

Group 2:

USMLE world for 3 months : $200 *3steps= $600.00
KAplan Coaching for step 2 CS: $2500.00
Observership cost for 1 month in hospital level if you get chance: $500.00/month to $1200.00/month (depends on you)

Externship: ($7,500.00 to $9,500.00) so far I know

Group 3:
Living cost:
Room cost/ month/ $600.00 (if you do not share with anyone)
Transport for Interviews and exams: depends on the state of interviews...
It can be from $ 5.00 (if you only have to use subways), to $2000.00 (if you have to take flights)
Hotel Costs for exams or IVs (Per night : $80.00 average)
Food cost: roughly $ 250.00/month

other than these for many undiagnosed expenditure: another $500.00 ( phone bill/ internet bill/ buying apron. ironing dresses/ hair cut & coloring / shoes/ suitcase/cabin troley)

International flight cost depends on your country.

Group4:

Visa Cost:
It depends on the type of Visa, application fee.......should not be much........but I have little idea about that........

Hope it helps........

Good luck for exams and match........Smile Long live the IMGs.............Smile
thank you .. thank you.. God bless... such details .. I couldn't find anywhere .. beat of luck ...
fallingstar: i like ur name....god bless ur heart! wow! and its if u match rite away on ur 1st yr....why not to take ur exam outside of the us and try it from there, wud b far less. but be ready to shell out $$$,here is the US, nothing comes for free+nerve break of unpredictable gamble of match! i wud add, u must have very strong spirit and physical to survive it. i had couple of frnds at kaplan who crashed and were sent back due to high costs of med fees. from ur post, i c u have extreme enxiety from now...well, gl
WTH ERAS APPLICATION FEE IS 5K!?!??!?!?!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »