Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed CS!! - docd
@ghozi1234 I used capital letters and passed I don't think they care about that. Also capital letters look neat to my eye than upper and lower cases mixed. I used bullet style and didn't use a lot of shortcuts while I wrote.
@drmayce I personally think FA is well enough to do well on that Exam. I don't get Why everybody is paranoid about material they can use. I didn't even master FA as much I as wanted to and passed and I tend question anybody out there if they say they did master FA as it is. Don't forget there are many more variables that counts other than book you study such as:
1. How you actually do it (make it natural/don't be like robot and speak as you memorized those rather as you are saying them)
2. Empathy you show to your patient. You rarely need to answer rather show you understood the question/concern
3. Are you good looking or did patient like you initially. If they don't like you then you may be screwed. There are things very subjective: if patient likes you from the beginning then they probably justify some of your faults subconsciously.
This is my students testimonial who has Passes CS 2 in 1st ATTEMPT

"""1st of all I like to thank Dr. Farrah for helping me tremendously to
pass Step 2 CS in first attempt . Let me tell you Step 2 CS is not
easy to pass , I have friends who have scored in 240s in step 1 and
failed step 2 CS. Dr. Farrah makes it so simple and effective that you
can crack it easily. What I liked most about her is the feedback she
use to give me and made sure that I don't do any blunders and
concentrated more on my weak points. At the end of the coaching I was
confident and it showed in my result. Her coaching makes you feel at
home on the day of exam. I must say this , she was more dedicated than
I was . Dr. Farrah coaching is much better than any coaching
available like Kaplan or any other , they are not usually made for
IMGs. Dr.Farrah's coaching is very helpful to IMGs ,it's the least
expensive on the market and its custom made for IMGs like us. In short
I highly recommend all IMGs to take up her coaching classes to pass in
1st attempt. """"

Ameen Mohd
MD Al Ameen

http://www.expertconsult.org/
skype i.d usmle-step2cs-online-expert

congrats docd ... can u pls tell me how much time u took for preparation n how many hours a day for reading n practise

thanks goodluck
@docd: congrats on ur success!! Could u plz tell me
-if we can use M/R/G instead of murmurs rubs n gallopcan
-can we write BL UE/LE for bilateral upper extr n lower extr
-chest CTAP for chest clear to auscultation and percussion
Thank you.
Hey can plz tell me, given a case of back pain....I plan to do heent, auscultate-only chest and heart...do you auscultate from front only or it's a must to do from the back?
Also, do you cam and to hold gown from the front while examining lungs...because gown may fall too low and expose the abdomen at the same time and thus would result in excess exposure? Whts your take in this?
Have gown strings being replaced by straps?
@ mojo2525
Prep takes month or two depending on many factors: Do you have live SP, how many cases you practice a day. How is your typing skills and so on It all depends on your initial state and intensity of your prep. I personally didn't 4-5 hours a day with partner and rest of the day I just rehearse my lines.
@drpeace2014 I don't know if we can write as you showed over there. I personally don't think it's good idea doing only initials instead of short words on PN, because your version is extremely short and may confuse them (unless somebody tried and passed that way).
Another thing is you have to write: Heart: RRR, NL S1/2, NO MURMURS, RUBS OR GALLOPS at least 12 times that day along with other NL signs so just master typing them as they are above, it's already shortened version. In short I wouldn't go for initial letter typing at all.
@nkc I did listen to SP heart and lung regardless of their CP in my Physical exam. I also did listen heart from front and lung from back I listened to lung first when I untied gown first and then moved to heart. I wouldn't worry much about falling gown down and things like that because they already know and trained about that so I won't let gown go down unless you pull it down Smile. I think you are thinking too much about rare possibilities and that is unlikely to happen. Just do your practice and FA and go for exam.
Although I did have hard time to put their gown back because gown slips to their arm and stays there sometimes when they are sitting and patient is tall enough it makes you hard to reach the other side of gown strap and pull it up. But you still can handle those gown problems easier than talking to patient and asking proper questions and PN.
Thnx boss!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »