Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shopping for Med School - drshorty

Dr. shorty

Joined:SaturdayMessages:2Location:New JerseyStatus:Non-Student

I'm 25 years old so with that said its obvious I Dont have much time to fool around since I did already. I'm dying to attend med school, but since I didn't decide to do that sooner my chances to be accepted into a medical school here in the us are 0 to none.
I'm considering, and by considering I mean I'm completely sold into going to Unibe. Now I have done a lot of research and read more cons, than pros, but I decided to ask questions that pertain more to my personal situation and then judge based on that.

I'm Dominican born, but also a us citizen. Its hard to leave the us and move to Dr after the life that I'm used to here but no great achievements were obtain without some sort of sacrifice.
I want to know do you guys that moved to Dr for school just attend school or also work? My only type of financia support would be whatever I get approve from financial aided and loans. Can I survive based on that? Is med school too much studying to even consider getting a weekend job in the island?

What's the requirements for acceptance? I'm embarrassed to say but when I attended college here my GPA was up and down since I had two jobs it was chaos. I'm taking some science courses now and hopefully by next year 2015 it will increase from a 2.0 to something a little less terrifying. FYI I'm attending here a community college needless to say I didn't take the SATs or any other test, and will have an associates degree by the time I attend unibe if accepted.

Classes: although I speak Spanish perfectly, well not as perfect as someone who lived there their entire life, but it is pretty good. However, I Dont want to take the classes in Spanish because I'm not planning to practice in the DR and I do have to take all the parts here in English I prefer to learn everything in English it will save me the headaches of Learning again all the medical terminology.

Rotations: after two years and after taking part one would I be able to do my clinical rotations in the us? Does unibe gets involved when it comes to helping students get placement for rotations? After first rotation what follows?

Thank you very much in advance for all the input and anything you think that might be helpful to know please tell me. And yes my GPa its horrible but my state of mind its a lot different from when I was 16 and I'm determine and focused and I got my eyes on this and willing to do whatever it takes to reach my goals!
Good luck !
drshorty: the only advise i can give is to stay off drugs. The same applies to step3md who gives out wrong advice half of the time.
Leave me your skype ID Shorty email me at jaimbo2010ATgmailDOTcom... I can help you out a little ok
LOOKING FOR US CLINICAL EXPERIENCE OR RESEARCH POSITIONS TO IMPROVE CV?

Hi,

We have research positions available in different states and in different specialties and (sub)specialties. The majority of the positions are in universities, and some of them are in universities that are among the top 10 in the U.S.
We can also possibly arrange for a clinical rotation in a teaching hospital setting.

If interested, contact us at ImproveCVForMatch2014. Provide some brief info about yourself, visa status, USMLE scores, (sub)specialty of interest, state of preference, start date and duration.
In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Cardiology research in New York.”

We can provide a list of references if you would like.

Thank you.

P.S.
It may take us up to 24 hours to reply you. Please do NOT send duplicate emails.

Hi,

We have research positions available in different states and in different specialties and (sub)specialties. The majority of the positions are in universities, and some of them are in universities that are among the top 10 in the U.S.
We can also possibly arrange for a clinical rotation in a teaching hospital setting.

If interested, contact us at ImproveCVForMatch2014. Provide some brief info about yourself, visa status, USMLE scores, (sub)specialty of interest, state of preference, start date and duration.
In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Cardiology research in New York.”

Thank you.

P.S.
It may take us up to 24 hours to reply you. Please do NOT send duplicate emails.

Hi,

Thank you.

P.S.

Hi,

Thank you.

P.S.

Hi,

Thank you.

P.S.

Hi,

Thank you.

P.S.

Hi,

Thank you.

P.S.

Shorty if you are still interested email me if not then GL with your future endeavors Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »