Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which programs to rank higher? Anesthesiology! - chotya
mount sinai in NY, UTSW, UVA, UT houston, rochester, UMKC, penn state

i would appreciate it if anyone has any input into which programs may be better?
I would rank texas program higher than newyork and penn state..based on the high cost of living and the work load latter progs have...no expereince about virginia and kansas progs..
How in hell did you get invited to Mt Sinai, UTH, and UVA if you can't even figure out what you prefer? I am shocked. That is a completely weirdass list. You have elite programs and you have mediocre stuff. Anyways ... Whatever...
Your list should look like this based on reputation and quality of training.
1. Mt. Sinai: Top tier, phenomenal program. Widely considered to be the best Anesthesia training program in the tristate area. Very generous with overtime payments and moonlighting. Very happy residents (which you should know if you interviewed there). Very highly regarded in the tristate area.
2 and 3. UT Houston tied with UTSW: Take your pick. Likely best training programs in that geographic area (although some might argue that Vanderbilt is better among Southern programs). Excellent training.
4. UVA: Second only to Hopkins in the mid-atlantic area in terms of training and reputation. Excellent program.
5. Penn State: Good training. Is in a $hitty area. Hershey alternatively smells of chocolate or cow dung depending on which way the wind is blowing that day.
6. Rochester: OK program. In the middle of nowhere.
7. UMKC: Never heard anything good or bad at it. Is in Kansas city. Enough said.
@pasta have you applied for anesth too ? How many intvs u got ?
@pasta:you have a point and it is a bit of a head scratcher. You sometimes see it in other situations : like someone at an ice cream shop may taste all the samples and still ask the server for their opinion of a recommended flavor or just end up getting plain vanilla ice cream.
yea i interviewed at a bunch of places but liked these the most and just been confused of where i want to end up lol.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »