Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone got match with low scores? - alekyamanasa03
Not to be "that guy". But I don't know anybody who matched with attempts meaning USIMG and IMG, I know only AMGs who matched with attempts
@ lovingyou Praise the Our Almighty Lord Jesus Christ!!!

You are sooo positive and I am soo glad for you!!! One day you will share with us a GREAT testimony!!! I have exactly the same pictures of low scores/attempts ... and I have HOPE and FAITH!!!! Praying for you.
best connection is to marry a resident.

marry a resident, volunteer, work, do anything, wash the PDs car or attending, get the husband or wife to shine in residency you in by 2nd year for sure, if not get the resident to become a chief
Haha @boardreview

If only I could do that. That would be awesome!
@ boardreview hehehehehehe Smile)))
that's true Smile))
Sounds like resident grooming.
this year has been very tough and one can only predict if low scores are any good after 17th. the OP is trying to justify that getting low score can be a ticket to residency, but it is very individual based.

this year people with scores in 230s in both steps without any attempts and graduation in 2012 have no interviews or just 1 or 2 interviews (IM). during interview trail i met people with scores in 260 and year of graduation having interviews anywhere between 6 to 20 interviews. i think getting an interview is very individual based.

one thing should be clear that the OP does not stand a chance of obtaining any interview without connection. you should have a very direct connection with PD to be obtain an interview. the reason is simple as your application will be filtered out and will not reach the selection committee. also why should someone choose a candidate for 1 of the 15 or so spots available when they have ~ 4000 applicants applying for the position. it does not make sense. sad but true!
People with low scores and attempts have matched..how they do it..i dont know.
I have a realky low step1 score and a good ck n step 3 score with 6 ivs. So a low score can be covered up by other step exams and step 3. Will let u know in a few days if i matched or not.
thank u guys for the responses.
Inaloopa my cousin interviewed at Meharry and she was told they interviewed 100 for 6 slots, who told you 34. So u got 6 interviews I think u have a great chance even w attempts as u are a citizen.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »