Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
match syndrome - candy
palpitations, tachycardia, dry mouth, insomnia, suicidal thoughts,
this is how I am now
future seems uncertain and dark

I have a certitude I won't match with my miserable 2 IVs
I don't drink but i feel like drinking a whole bottle of whiskey now
At this point, there is nothing that you can do. Pray and have faith, you have done ALL that you can and now we hope that it will pay off. I sincerely hope that we all match. May God be with us all
@candy just out of curiosity what specialty were those 2 interviews for? And how did you think you did in those interviews?
IM
to be sincere, I did not do well
you see, I have a problem , a curse, I am very frank and direct, I do not lie, and i dont hide my feelings.
eg: the PD asked me: you applied to both cat and prelim , do you know that prelim is very competitive?
me: oh it's ok , I did that just to increase my chances of matching.
@candy
If you had more ivs would you be feeling less symptoms? With 2 ivs you can surely match and
honest is a good thing. PDs don't like when you bullshit them. At least it was a legit answer.
@candy well you know the best thing to do is to be honest. Hopefully you'll match but even if you don't, take it as a learning experience.

Btw I don't see anything wrong with your response to that question.
we all know people who matched with just 1 IV and people who didn't match with more IV's
(i know a person who had 10 IVs and got matched in scramble)
we also all know that statistically more IVs equals more chances, but it will never be 100 percent unless you prematch.

I, myself had 3 IVs in a previous match and I am still unmatched.
so of course more IVs would make me feel better despite that it will not guarantee me a residency post.
let's all hope for the best , and wish that everyone who deserves a position gets it.
good luck to u hopetomatchsoon, futuremghboy and sparx2010
is it contagious ?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »