Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any radiology matches? - apparichitudu
made it through too!!.will come back with details.
medicus_seni: congratulations! i remember you started the radiology thread, i'm really happy for you, good job!
congrats petepan.. waiting for details..
thank you @ryhm. Hope the match was favourable for you
sorry guys been very busy.
First of all I would like to thank blackjack for being here in this forum and guiding us.I followed all of his recs and made it, it took a while though.

I applied to about a good number of pograms, 50-55 to say. I matched previously for a prelim spot on the first go but not in radiology so I am a repeat offender if you wish to say. In between of my gap I went to do research -radiology related) and hence I filled in the gap.

My creds are as follows:

IMG GC holder
YOG:2010
Step1:241
Step2: 238
Step CS cleared
Step3:217

PhD degree in biophysics applied in radiology
Publications: 13 articles -broken down
4 original articles (2 first name, 2 second)
3 reviews-all first author
4 case reports-all first author
2 book chapters in IR (second author)

one of my original articles was presented in RSNA highlights

had a research grant in my home country and transitioned in the US where I spent time concluding it.

Overall had 6 interviews and matched in my second choice.

So glad and happy to eventually make it through.As blackjack said in the past, getting in the ranking lists is completely different from interviewing.

All the best in the future radiology aspirants.Never give up, this one of many ways to do it!!Keep your faith up!!

forgot to mention 11 poster presentations
@petepan thats a lot of research Smile
it is indeed, thanks. If it is your passion you have to put >100% effort in!!!
To all matched to radiology, congratulations. petepan, good job. Did you match at a university or community program?
hey blackjack!!!Good seeing you back. I matched in a university program of northeast region!!!.How have you been?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »