• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matched applicants plz help... - sophiya
1.219/240/PASS/233
3.Need visa
4.4 months USCE
5. University/private clinic USCE?
6.55 IM 10 FM
8.No
10. To get IVs scores and university LORs. But I believe the most important part is your performance during IVs.
I would like if you guide me more about personal statement in detail at jayradhe83. I read that you PS was very good and PDS were asking about that. so Please if you can drop few lines at above email at your convenience. I will send you mine and want you to criticize it if you can and want. Thank you.
@jasminb.. First of all congratulations on matching... MY scores are pretty much closer to yours.. If I may ask, what is the reason for you applying to only 65 programs ?.. and how important do you think was finishing step 3 and the step 3 score..? Do you think that you wouldnt have got those 2 interviews without step 3 scores..was that the edge ? Or in other words , do u believe that u would have got the same interviews even if you didnt do step 3 .. ?
11. I'm a US grad
1.225/225/pass (ck and cs results came in jan)
2.not grad yet
3.us cit
4.6 months
5. uni, community, and private
6.~150
7. im fm
8. no contacts
9. 1
10. personal statement and interview
11. us img non carib
correction on my #11 post.. I meant to say I'm a US citizen IMG grad.. not a US grad lol

I did my schooling in Europe (first 2 years anyways) and all clinicals in US
thanks mekmek, same here, Personal statement, would you be able to look it over and comment thanks...wantedzara
1. 253/263/pass/237(all first attempt)
3.need visa
4/5- no observership/research/externship/USCE
7. IM only
8. 1
9. 10
10. I think its important to compensate for a deficiency in one area of your application with another. Many people told me that I wont be getting any ivws this yr since most programs are looking for people with hands on USCE and also since my YOG was 2007. But even I was able to get 10 ivws. So its simple - if you are an old grad, get good scores/USCE/contacts and most important of all is, to be working in your home country or elsewhere during your gap.The gap question was the one which featured prominently in all my ivws. I did a residency in my home country and have been working all these 7 yrs so once I gave a good answer to what I was doing all these yrs , my ivws too went very well from there.Take enough time to prepare for the steps since scores are something you cant change.All my LORS were from my home country/nothing much was mentioned about them in any of my ivws-- maybe they look at LORS only if its from US!!!. But my personal statement was told to be well thought out in a couple of my ivws.So they do read them once you pass the initial screening I guess.
1. 216, 228, CS
2.2008 with 13 years of gap in education
3. US citizen
4 research coordinator in a big university hospital
6. 66 programs
7 40 IM, 16 PED, 10 FM
8. yes
9. 4
10. Personal statement, good LORs research exp, interviewing
All those who matched and havent filled this up yet..please do so soon.. It will go a long way in inspiring many of us .. Thank you in advance
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »