Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not matched - naina3
I am an img. This is my 4th match. 2007 grad.I had 99 in step 1 &2 passed step3. Done various observerships in usa. Had UK experience. Need visa. My lors were mediocre but this year I managed to get a very good lor. I fact one of the faculty said he wrote very nice things about me. My husband works in the same hosp as attending.this year I interviewed there for second time. My communication skills are good .I had 4 Ives in total. I told myself that this would be the last match as I could not stand any further agony. I really want to move on. I don't know what to do. I am just soooo tired
I am so sorry. I know what disappointment feels like. I was crying in front of my computer last year.

What do you think affected your outcome? was it the Personal Statement? LORS? did you apply early? You seem to have a lot of good credentials for yourself.

Do you think the VISA thing played a roll?

I only had 2 IVs this year, but I really prepared myself for it. I hope you can find peace and decide to figure out what went wrong and change course. Maybe you can figure it out.
Thanks.. Congratulations..I am not going to go for another. I am just going to end it
I am no one to ask you to try again. But you have better credentials than I had. And I would hope you match someday!
Sad I will pray for comfort for your heart. I know it's hard. Resources wasted, lots of money, and hours.

I am sorry
@naina3

I had the same situation and tried 2 times which ended up not matching. This year I tried and matched. DON'T give up and try one more time.
I am sorry too for believing in a dream and trying to go for it. But now is the time to move on and do something besides observership and research. May be a masters or PA.
Have you thought about a PhD? It pays for itself and then you can teach in a medschool as an md/phd
I m sorry but I seriously don't understand why u didn't match

u seem to hav better profile than many others and even ur husb is workin wat do u think was the reason?
Where u r?
PA. Yes, my husband works in the same hosp. I interviewed in the same hosp for both I'm and fm. I worked really hard last year. My researcher gave me an excellent lor. Yes, I do have good profile than others who match every yr. my communication skills are goos. I was confident although it's now on the roller coaster
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »