Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOAP Offerrs/Interviews? - mazhar
@alexa Like medically said, for some prelim programs it makes sense. They may just want to fill up the spots with those who meet the credentials, and the app looks ok. I dont know. No one knows for sure.

@drpepper Yep Canadian IMG. You too? Have you thought about the Canadian side of matching?
@img87: I am not sure if I have seen your credentials. But do you mind posting your scores, etc and which speciality you applied to?
@img87 Yeah rotations are important in Canada. But the most important are the Canadian board scores lol. They have very high cutoffs.
Boys and giels, PDs all gone to lunch now, so we are in break
@drpepper4u yes i am a US-IMG...not sure what to do in terms of improving my application, other than doing well on step 3 and making contacts
@clueymd: got rejected in Carms. No word for second iteration so not hopeful. Debating whether to take the NAC OSCE but it's so expensive and chances of matching are lower than US
Thanks clueymd. That would be nice but its hard to believe.
carib grad canadian .. 230/226/ CS 2nd attempt... applied to 100 FM 70 IM programs...got one 1 FM.. applied late september. Had a second look at the interview and still didn't match. It was a combined DO/MD program.

MCCEE 332 and have not done any rotations in canada. Didn't get any interviews. Wouldn't bother with canada if you have no experience there.
@snowdoc8839: you have an advantage already. You are a US citizen. Did you get an interviews?
@drpepper: I just took the OSCE on Sunday. Its a fairly challenging exam, I would say more difficult than the CS. But fingers crossed I did okay. I was well prepared for the cases that showed up. Gonna take the QE1 in May. Along with the step 3.

Im also in the 2nd iteration of CARMS. Nothing either Sad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »