Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOAP Offerrs/Interviews? - mazhar
@drpepper No I didn't get any interviews, I applied in late october and also have an attempt on one of my steps...all odds were against me this year!
@snowdoc8839: I have an attempt in step 1. Maybe it was your late apps cause many US IMGs got interviews with attempts. I know one who matched with low scores too in FM with only 2 interviews.

@clueymd: wow. That's awesome. You are on the right track! I am sure you did well. You will be a competitive applicant next year for sure in both Carms and Eras
dr nahh am not a canadian IMG . I do have a GC tho but the red flag on my application is an attempt on CS
@drpepper: Thanks, I hope so man. I am leaning a little towards CARMS right now for next year because of all these boards Im writing. I did a 4 week rotation through University of toronto last year, have an LOR. Unfortunately didnt score stellar on the EE >_< i think it killed my app.

Plus the needing visa issue for a US residency Sad i think it puts us Canadian-IMGs at quite a disadvantage.
Cluey , which part of Canada? Eastern or Western?
I am in Toronto and if you are interested we could study together. I am just not able to summon motivation to study all alone.
It seems if we have attempts even a good score may not help cause i got 225/221 and with 4IV's YOG is 2009 and no match Sad

So Step 3 for me and more observerships.. If am lucky research.. I dont know wht else to do..
@vvvccc: That would be cool. I live in Toronto. Where do you live?

Do you mind if I ask which exam youre preparing for? Im taking the QE1 in May. Had thoughts about registering for the QE2 as well.
@drpepper yeah applying late was definitely a disadvantage!

@medically_me I like to read the success stories on here with people with attempts, old grads, etc. and hope that we can have our own success stories as well!
Haha sorry I didn't see the second line of your post vvvccc. I live in Markham area.
I had two IVS
228/229/207
2 observership
and, One publication
YOG 2009
Did not match..
Should i hope for soap?
I need visa
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »