Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depressed...plz help.. - doctor_79
i didn't match this season also...this was my 4th match ...my scores are 205/234/221 , all first attempt , 2004 graduate ,this year i had applied widely to im , fm , peds and psychiatry ,got 4 calls , all low ranked programs, still no luck....as i cannot change my graduation year , i am thinking of quitting and changing my path ....i am thinking of enrolling in MPH course, does anyone knows about MPH courses in Nj or NY .
is it the right decision? plz suggest ?
what would you do with MPH? To be honest if your going to quit and change path, there isnt much you can get into with MPH there arent many jobs.
I'd look into PA programs instead. Its 30 months but the salary is very good, it will be a breeze since youve done medical school already, its respectable, lots of job opportunity.
MPH is not a right decision.
MPH is going to improve your CV. Go for it.
@sys_71082...thanks for your advise but how do you know that there aren't any jobs in MPH career?
talking to a lot of people. you can ask anyone. the only good MPH does is if you plan on reapplying for residency than it looks good having the advanced degree. but career wise, what jobs do you think youll get doing MPH? I mean you can try to go into hospital admin through MPH but generally those are given more to Americans
I think if you consider applying again, MPH is not a bad idea it will improve your cv. Try to get better LORs.
i will think abour applying again next year ...but i don't know rite now but now i just want to enroll in some course , but i want to do something which improves my cv and also have good job prospects. i don't know if mph is right for that .
I have an MPH. There are jobs out there, not many though but the pay is ridiculous. MPH is not the right choice. I agree with the other posters, PA is much better.

First of all, don't give up. If you want to pursue another path, PA is the best option and while doing it keep applying for residency. Your PA experience will help you a lot. pay for PA is great.
Thank you@ nini13 for your advise...what kind of jobs are available with MPH degree? i am considering PA also , do you know any good PA Programs around NJ or NY , do they give extra credits to IMG's? i was checking rutgers but that is not giving extra credits to IMG'S . Does anybody knows how much is the fees for full course?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »