Advise - anmol_b
Dear All,

Here is my info:
IMG
Step 1- 251
Step 2CK- 238
Step 2CS- Passed, First attempt
YOG- 2013
Observerships: 2 months in FM and Primary Care, 1 month in Geriatric Medicine.
Research experience: 5 months.

Applied for IM.

I applied only with my Step 1 and CK scores. Rest of the things happened afterwards.
Got 1 call, but didn't match. Feeling low.

What are the chances next year?

Kindly advise...
Your chances will be better because your scores will all be in. That was your mistake. To apply without scores since those are a filter initially.
Your creds are enough to get IVs
You can try for step 3. Better chances if your step 3 score is like your previous step scores. Apply on time and good interview scores are important.
@anmol when did u apply.... i have the same issue for next yr i wont get my diploma and ecfmg cert in time? Did u need visa?? and how many programs did u apply too?
Thanx for the reply guys... Really appreciate it...

@shigatox22- I do need a visa. Applied to 110 programs.
Are u an IMG too...?
go to advicemd.org
Come on guys... any more suggestions/advice...
you have good scores, apply on time and take step 3 and you should be fine. if you feel like doing more observerships go ahead.
@img87- Thanks buddy... encouragement is desperately needed these days... Smile
You need USCE..only have observerships.

STill doesnt make any sense. Most of the ppl only apply with Step 1 and CK scores and you have Very high scores. I know ppl who got interviews even without CK. If you got observerships after you applied, then that was the only issue you had.

If you had done observerships before applying (and included them in your application) then you should have def got more interviews given your scores unless there is something wrong.

Only red flag i see is observerships and their LORs are not accepted by SOME programs.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »