Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
depressed - naina3
Don't lose the hope, and don't regret your child, put your destiny on Gods hands and he will put you where ever you have to be...have faith
@menee, your story is inspiring and offers hope for many of us. I too is at the verge of giving up and think that I am wasting my life on something that's not meant to be.
Do you mind sharing your credentials with us? I have an attempt and is preparing for step 3.
I cannot remember my 3 digit scores cos when I matched the 2 digit scores where still being used
Step 1 77 1 attempt : 2 months pregnant with my second baby , my first baby was 4.5 months old
Step 2 80 2 attempts ; I started with this first , 1 st attempt was 3 months pregnant , had hyperemesis gravidarum... Of cos i failed it , 2 nd attempt took it at 35 wks gestation and passed with 80
Cs 1 attemp : took it 3 weeks s/ p c section of my first baby : had my baby march 9 c section , took Cs April 2nd
Step 3 80 1 attempt . Took this when both kids where less than 2 yrs old.

All things are possible to him who believes .
Stay strong , God never fails
menee...
dear as much as encouraging is ur story .. but at the same time might gives false hopes
I was a single mother of 2 working full time and preparing my steps , I was studying in between patient while working as ER officer .. but at home I hade a maid who helped me with the kids and cleaning but not with grocery /getting car fixed /paying bills /going to bank
I was a mom and dad at the same time ... 77 its like 189 today which will get u nothing even if u apply for 1000 times .. I got 200 on step 1 and my baby was only 5 months old .. took only 1 month for the exam
step 2 ck 231/99 I did it first and by that time my daughter was 1.2 years old with same situation . cs pass .. passed all exams in first attempt . have publications and no gaps in the cv of course and only 2 IV by contact and unmatched
please people don't be discouraged but try also to be realistic .
can you tell us what was so special on your 4 th match and how many interviews you got ? and what do u believe got u in ??? thank you so much
Those were my scores and like i said it was a struggle. There was nothin special about my 4 th attempt that got me in , it was all Gods doing and I give him the glory.
However after being in residency , I can tell u one thin , never underestimate the power of an interview.
Best wishes and good luck ..

@menee

is it ok to ask which program you matched to? or you can email it to me if you don't want to post it.

the dilemma with old grads with attempts is, how to get them to even look at your application and give you a chance for an interview. The only way I got interviews were contacts.

PD told me he filters, and filters, so he never goes through all of them, just need more insight like a lot of the people who were unmatched and your story is like ours.

Like what they said, what happened to you is inspiring and gives us hope, but going forward to try again, we just can't do the same thing next match and hope for the best.

Thanks for sharing menee, my email carlokups
Bump
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »