Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@_@_@...HY Facts For CK...@_@_@ - savi
hi Jyoti,how are you?Thanks and good luck to you too.
Take care.

Thanks usmle20 & rajunew.GL.
1.Whenever you use niacin you should monitor liver function and plasma glucose carefully.

2. When do you use niacin? When a patient cannot tolerate statins and also it's the best choice for raising HDL.

3. An angiogram is not necessary in the management of ischemic mucosal colitis. Ischemic colitis is diagnosed by colonoscopy. Patchy depigmented areas confirm mucosal ischemia, which is managed by intravenous fluids and bowel rest.

4. Abdominal pain in an elderly patient associated with bloody diarrhea and hypotension should arouse the suspicion of ischemic bowel.. A classical appearance on the flexible sigmoidoscopy of green mucosa and isolated depigmented patches are suggestive of ischemic colitis. These patients should initially be adequately hydrated and put on bowel rest.

5. White cells generally indicate active inflammation. The presence of leukocytes in a stool sample would be highly suggestive of IBD.
*************************************************************************************
keep it going!!
1. What imaging study is most sensitive for detection of subarachnoid hemorrhage?
CT scan without contrast.

2. What are typical lumbar puncture (LP) findings in subarachnoid hemorrhage?
Gross blood in CSF, RBC count not declining from first tube to last tube and xanthochromia (pink/yellow coloration of CSF supernatant by heme pigments).

3. What are the signs/symptoms of anterior cerebral artery occlusion?
Contralateral lower limb hemiparesis/hemianesthesia.

4. What are the signs/symptoms of middle cerebral artery occlusion?
Aphasia (dominant hemisphere), apraxia, agnosis, hemi-neglect (non-dominant hemisphere), contralateral hemianesthesia, contralateral hemiparesis and contralateral homonomymous hemianopia or quadrantanopia.

5. What are the major causes of cerebrovascualar accidents?
Ischemia (thrombosis), embolism (typically cardioembolism), hypercoagulability, hypertension and hemorrhage.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI SAVI

GOOD LUCK

PRAY FOR ME TOO FOR THE RESIDENCY
HI SAVI

GOOD LUCK

PRAY FOR ME TOO FOR THE RESIDENCY
Hi Savi & djyoti,

You both are really gr8
I have no word for your inputs

Thank you so much
Good luck for your match this year and will pray for you .

This is gr8..thanks and goodluck
hi can u send me hy facts on my mail
rkahuja81
rakesh kumar
HI SAVI AND DJYOTI

WILL PRAY FOR YOU FOR RESIDENCY
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »