Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those of you who are depress - pth
This was my 7th years of trying for residency match....and I could not get a single interview
I have 6 attempts in step 3 and due to this I am not able to get an interview call and even I am not eligible to get license in some states.

I have passed step1, 2 and CS on first attempt.
I have 6 publications as first author, and a book chapter in Cardiology as first author.
Have LOR from top US doctors.
I am currently working at one of the world best research university.
I have green card

and believe me I have given up now. I would just say F**K to this system.
I know ppl who are in residency program and they know nothing about US system....
They got job because of contact.

I know personally two girls who had scores same like mine,they did residency. After residency got married and are now house wives. One of my friend left the residency after getting married.......

ahhhhh and on the other hand ppl like me are always thinking of getting a chance and always begging, always requesting but no USE.

Just hang around and chill. I wasted my precious year of life is this stupid things....

Advise, do not compromise your personal life and personal time on too much thinking about residency. try and move on.
Thats it.....

Good Luck
WoW I am sorry to hear that. I thought i was doomed with 1 attempt in step 1
6 attempts on Step 3?
I think there is a mistake here. Glad you can move on but can you really move on? People say they move on, but still have in their mind the "What if".
I wonder if there is such thing as getting an internship which would help you get licensed in certain states that don't have the 3 attempt rule. Just a suggestion.

Sorry you have tried so much. Guess it is time to move on, but you never know how life can change...
Good luck!
" 6 attempts in step 3" .. if you were a PD what would you say to a candidate with that?
Cheer up mate. As a citizen, you have options to work in the US.
My credentials;

Year of graduation: 2005
Step 1: 226/92 (1st attempt)
Step 2: 211/87 (1st attempt)
Step 2CS: passed (1st attempt)
Step 3: 199/77 ( 5 failed attempts, passed on 6th attempt)
Visa: Green card
Research experience: 3 year ( 6 publications, 1 book chapter as first author)
Currently working at one of best US University as research staff.
all US Lors,

What should I do to make my chances? any advice?

Thanks
I don't understand how this is possible. Step 1 is surely much more difficult than Step 3, I just don't get it...Something is not right here - book chapter in Cardiology and you couldn't do step 3? It's odd...
u should choose a parallel path like pa and start working on floor and keep trying for good contacts
friends I have wasted my three years in applying for match. this year I will apply too but now I will do it with a back up plan. if you are US citizen or permanent resident there are many options for you. but you have to and I have to start from some where otherwise there is no end of suffering. I am thinking of doing EMT basic and EMT critical care certification as they are cheap then others
I see a donkey here. I would agree that the system is f....k ed up if some body like you get matched.
@ fahdoosh
interesting comment
what makes u decide who should or shudnt match
d op mite make a much better doctor than u
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »