Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easiest test center - mercadomd
Houston>Atlanta>Chicago>la>Philly hardest
So this is why everyone goes to Houston?
This is a best urban legend out there. There is no easiest center. The cases are standardized. If they even found out that some center was being lenient to one group of doctors or the other they would first reprimand the people at that center and re-establish standardization.
THE answer is.......

For an IMG = more IMG = more easy to pass. and ...
More AMG = harder for IMG .

WHY?..... because SP are humans and .....Humans compare Humans.

This also answer why IMG pass more during the first 4 months of the year.
I learned in a course.... another point....Think were AMG are taking their exam.....
Philly: ....Harvard , DUKE , Georgetown, Yale , Columbia....and so on...
LA: UCLA....
Houston: student from Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and so on....

CHEERS!

@bpjavi - that's exactly why the SP has a checklist to stop that from happening. The checklist is standardized. The people who fail this exam are the ones who rote learn FA and try and go regurgitate it like vomit in front of an SP. You're having a conversation with a human being and if you aren't up for that you aren't up for this exam.
they are all equally easy or equally hard .. if you've done the proper prep, it shouldnt matter.

i took mine in the heart of the beast in philly Smile
HI! ALL CENTERS are suppose to be equals, but in the practice sometime this is no true.
My point is just to try to explain who this work.
AMG think in this way, ask them.

APATOLE: you are absolute right .
doctam3: they are no equal . Philly is the hardest place , BUT THE HONEST. that's means YOU ARE VERY GOOD.
Cheers!
You do realize that on any given day all the cases are the same in all the centers. All their responses are the same and standardized. If you ask the right questions you will get the same answers as an AMG . All the doorway information will be the identical regardless of what center you go to. And at the end of the case all the SPs regardless of city will have the same checklist. If you did the PE manuevers, if you used PEARLS, if you gave closure and summary with counseling and maintained a patient centered encounter there is no way in hell to fail CIS or SEP.

If you have trouble conveying what you mean in the English language and are intimidated by AMGs then you absolutely will think that there is a difference between the centers. There is no reason to be intimidated, be confident in your own ability and understand that the exam isnt made to be tricky or difficult, treat it like a regular workday in the clinic.
mercadomd... study hard.. you will pass... don't try to get the benefit of AMG... .
check this study from www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov : Contrast effects in the USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills examination, 2008.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »