Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
got my results>>>>248:) - kasra
@wanderlust:I had 2 abstracts and 2 drug ads in 4 of the blocks,in these blocks I had 1 more biostat Qs but in other blocks I had 2 or 3 biostat Qs.They ask you the basic conceptual questions suck as calculating sensitivity and etc but the major problem is time management.for example I had 2 Qs asking me about NNT ,I knew how to calculate NNT but because I was short on time I'm pretty sure I got them both wrong.
The U.W is enough for biostat but in order to do these Qs well in exam you have to manage the time quite well.
@Kara did ur permit dissappear before ur results? Mine has but at the very top it says request to extend eligibility .am worried
hey there
You have any idea how many mistakes you have committed?I am done with exams.But I have made a lot of mistakes.I just cant figure out whether I wud pass or fail.Thanks in advance.
@ezrahiah:do not worry buddy,the same thing happened to me,even my oasis showed that I haven't scheduled the exam.but 3 weeks later got my results with no complication.
@summayy007:honestly I don't know how many mistakes I did commit but had the same feeling as you when got out the exam center.So just relax and don't think about your exam performance,as the more you think about it you will only remember tough Qs and the mistakes you've made, not the Qs that you did correctly.
@kasra
thanks for telling me about biostats. another question, did you find the exam emphasizing more ethics, professionalism questions? I read on the usmle website bulletin emphasizing changes on the exam this year such as more ethics, etc. How did you prepare for these? Was uworld enough? Thanks
@wanderlust:no,not really!I only had 3 or 4 ethic questions overall and I think only one of them was very hard to answer.I think U.W is enough also i studied ethics from first aid for step 1(it was only 4 pages and it was more than enough).
Kasra: how long are the questions?
I heard the q are longer than uw and nbmes
tk
Thanks
@usmlerock99: no they are not longer than U.W or NBME.There are all sorts of Qs from short to long but yes,the time Mx is very hard because of the stress and the drug ads and abstract questions,However the other Qs are just like U.W.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »