Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any tips on how to not get tired during exam? - classymd
i cant even get through 3 blocks without getting tired Sad

i did 2 blocks straight which was ok, then i took a 20 min break - and was falling asleep in the 3rd block. my meal during my break cud have perhaps been to heavy - but besides eating light, anyone have any suggestions ?

even wat kind of food to eat wud help.

in my exam i took 5-7 min after each block to refresh myself
in the last blocks i took 10 min after the 6th block
classymd: I feel same waySad
5 hr energy on test day
i would not encourage anyone to try 5hour energy on exam day if you have never tried it before! It can make you jittery and that's something i would not want to risk. Try it once before to see its effects. For step1, I had an energy drink (I personally like the rockstar kind) in the locker and I would sip on it inbetween when I took a break...to keep my energy levels up. good luck
pl.bear with my qs.....>what one should take to have a good sleep the night before exam,if some one deeds it. thanks
m_fmod: i tried that for step 1 , wasnt to helpful - but then again i really didnt plan my breaks. i think this time around however long i decide to take the breaks, im planning exactly wat to eat during each break so i dont have to think then

wolverine99: never tried any energy drink in my life (besides coffee lol) worth trying now? my exam is coming up.

which one do u guys recommend for first timers lol ?

also, u guys have any idea wat kind of food i shud bring thats not too heavy?

p.s thanks for the feedback ! :-)
i agree dont try anything new or diff on the exam day, 5 hr is great but u got test it out before the exam. i would recommend it when you take a nbme.
alright so i went and bought monster today. (i couldnt find 5 hour or rockstar :S )

im going to take an nbme this week. so like u guys suggested, ill test it out then. :-)

is monster any good?
Monster is a lot of caffeine (rockstar is more "natural" vitamins) so if you finish it all, there will be a peak of energy and then you will hit a low. that was my experience. so better to pace and drink slowly. good idea to test it out. everyone is different. good luck!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »