Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carribean grads/students - kidman
Is it better to write down your US clinical rotations in the CV section? If so which section?? volunteer or work, and should you put down things you did in your rotation. If anyone has an example that would be great!

My school shows the name of the hospitals and the locations on the transcript. Some of the people I talked to said to put each rotation on the cv and others are saying not to so I'm confused what to do. Would like to hear everyone's input. Thank you!
MAKE SURE you write down each and every rotation that you did on ERAS, under the "work" section. Just put in the duration, and put down a few lines as to what your main responsibilities were, and what settings you worked etc.

Don't listen to anyone who says otherwise and do not depend on your school. When programs are calling you for iv's/during ranking, they won't go through 10 papers to look at your transcript. They will just look at your CV, Scores, and LOR's and that's it.
Thank you for replying. I didn't match last season and didn't put down any of my rotations. This year I want to do everything right. Appreciate it and good luck to you!
I am a Carib and I did NOT put them down and I received many interviews and matched.
I'm a carib grad and didn't write my rotations under "work". I got 7 interviews and matched. However, it could help because we are still considered international. You can always call ecfmg or the nrmp and ask them.
Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I think that is good idea, I am going to call them.
absolutely not! That is not work experience it is part of your education. Also do not list every class you took while you were in the Caribbean and a summary of what you learned in each class.
@sbgaustad

My question was just about putting clinical rotations. I wasn't planning on putting down the basic science courses. Correct me if I am wrong isn't there a section also called clinical experience on Eras? Putting it under volunteer does seem wrong
@kidman you lived and studied in the Caribbean, at the very least learn how to spell it correctly Smile Smile Smile
I will find out the truth behind this .. I have a couple of close friends that are PDs and will ask them about it. Expect a follow up post within a week for the answer.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »