Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carribean grads/students - kidman
@fruitcake

I am still learning. Maybe one day I will win that spelling bee Smile

@doctam3

Thanks would like to hear the PDs opinion!
Clinical rotations are not "work". Every program knows that Carib grads do 2 years of clinicals in the US.

Definitely don't put it in any section of ERAS!
The World of Confirmed U.S. Residency Success!

See Top Search Result For:

IMG PASSED USMLE AND IM RESIDENCY

in www.google.com

Dear Doctor or Student:

Hello. Welcome to the world of confirmed U.S. residency success!

We are currently inviting followers to our blog, the only one that provides you with absolutely verifiable information across all categories relevant to I.M.G. success. Currently we are aggressively out-performing our competitors by providing you, our new hard-working followers, with a heretofore unprecedented spectrum of information related to obtaining a U.S. residency or our UNIQUE DIFFERENTIATOR.

In fact, we will provide you with an experience that is:

• WHAT?

o Answer: Covers all of these areas based upon real-world I.M.G. experiences

 Pre-medical students applying to U.S. medical schools

 Medical students or graduates applying to U.S. residencies

• Focal points include

RATINGS OF U.S.M.L.E. PROGRAMS, BOTH ONLINE AND IN-PERSON

U.S. residency program criteria in terms of pre-medical, and medical school- related information as well as U.S.M.L.E.- related criteria, especially the means of obtaining true “U.S. clinical experience”

U.S. residency programs preferences in terms of E.R.A.S applications being well-organized, with high-quality letters of reference, having relevant curriculum vitae points, and creating immaculate personal statements

 Post-M.D. applicants to alternative curricular offerings, leading to viable and rewarding non-clinical professional careers

• WHEN?

o Answer: Has been in place for five years

• WHERE?

o Answer: Is unrivaled, insofar as the blog affords you unlimited access via the convenience and comfort of your very own home or office.

• HOW?

o Answer: This is delivered to you, the student, through a multi-modal-system, integrating the web and real-world information in an organized format

• HOW MANY VIEWS DOES THE BLOG HAVE THUS FAR?

o Answer: The current tally is 49,000+, and counting.

• HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THIS?

o Answer: This information is accessible to you, by our website:
--see search above--

P.S. SO WHAT IS THAT ‘UNIQUE DIFFERENTIATOR?’

Answer: Simple, and absolute, in that you will have a one-stop shop experience, for all information related to your entrance into a U.S. residency

Re: @shielamonroeimrez - whose post was deleted by spam system:...
here's is an interesting fact of the company founded in 200 in OH .. it is currently DEAD : http://www.bbb.org/cleveland/business-re...h-39001265
It was unrated on BBB when in operation ... why?? .. because no one signed up! Eye popping
I had the same question when I was doing my application. Since the goal is to show them we have us clinical experience, what I did was make one line that said "Clinical Rotations- All Core and elective rotations completed at US teaching hospitals." Thats all I put.
alright so I asked a couple of the PDs i know personally and they all said the same thing:

- You do not have to list the clinical rotations you completed via your school. Those are automatically included in your med school transcript.

- You DO have to list ANY clinical rotation you did outside of your med school curriculum as an extra that were NOT specified to be done by your med school. (this goes under work experience)
---

for point # 2 ... clarification >> if you did more internal medicine after your core internal medicine rotation finished at another hospital, you would list it as work experience.

--- if you did cardiology as an elective but your school was offering cardiology as an elective choice, then you dont have to list it .. bc the school would still be sponsoring the rotation. If however your school was not offering cardiology as a choice for an elective at whichever hospitals you're able to do rotations at .. but you still did cardio on your own via one of your school's rotation hopsitals.. DO list this as work experience.

-- extra rotations aka an observership or externships that you did after any rotation to gain further knowledge into said rotation.. counts as out of school experience and should be listed as work experience.

hope this helps.
@doctam

Thank you for finding out. This has been the best answer I've heard so far.
They should be more clear in eras. I really appreciate it! Thank you!
I would strongly discourage you from putting it. It is most definitely not work experience. When you go to clinical clerkships you are not working. You are not getting paid, instead paying thousands to learn. How would you pass it as a job. In this context under your duties you cannot list learning. This looks foolish and unprofessional
I have spoken to some program coordinators who recommend you do not put your clerkship rotation down in resume unless you are doing some externship or oberservership. Given you are Carb grad I would not recommend it.

On the other I had a friend who is also Carb grad who did this (only the ones that showed his interest in his field, EM, which he matched into). ERAS will tell you it is legit to put it, but remember every space on your CV is prime space so you have to be careful what you place is worth noting.
Oh gosh. I was going to put my rotations as work experience because I thought maybe that's one of the reasons why I didn't match. Now I'm confused. Last year I didn't get any interviews. My scores are not horrible.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »