Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
q2__________ - fmg8
A 3-month-old male born at 37 weeks gestation presents with difficulty feeding for 3 weeks. Physical examination reveals a loud pansystolic murmur most prominent at the left lower sternal border. ECG demonstrates left ventricular hypertrophy. Chest X-ray shows cardiomegaly. During which week of gestation did the failure resulting in this defect likely occur?

a. Week 3
b. Week 4
c. Week 7
d. Week 24
e. Week 28
C - VsD ?
Thanks
Agree VSD but organogenesis cns n cardio starts from 3 week plz correct me if umwrong.
da ira, organogenisis will begin at 4 weeks & i think , in heart it will end at 8 weeks...so failure to close will be at 7-8 weeks.
Not sure, merely guessing.
@fmg8 what is the answer dude ? or when you will post it ?
Thanks
The ventricles are a single chamber at about 4 weeks' gestation but by 8 weeks it has been divided in two. Failure of development of any part of the septum results in a defect.

CCC
valves and surrounding develop around 4th week of gestation....estimating tht all valves r formed around tht time from the endocardial cushion........

I go with b.......

waiting for the answer to this q'...........Smile thanks so much fmg.....really a nice q.....
oh no, change my answer to c....7 week.....
C, thank you!
"C" is correct. Welcome. Smile

During week 7, the right and left bulbar ridges and endocardial cushions fuse to form the membranous portion of the interventricular septum. Failure of the interventricular foramen to close at this time results in a VSD.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »