Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a step 1 journey - whitestar1
I passed with 238 (exam on June 25th/results July 16). I am happy ! Total time for preparation was 3 years--on & off (domestic issues), intensive studying last 7 to 8 months.
Preparation materials used FA, KLN/videos, GRR, G-audios, Costanzo, Khan & Fischer for Beh S, KapQbank, UW, USMLE Rx, nbme 1 to 6 offline.....did not do pathoma or DIT.
The exam had concepts which you see on NBME & UW. In general each block had 15-20 simple Qs, 5-10 difficult and rest average. The new pattern seemed to have more Q on pelvic anatomy, HMO/insurance etc---these items need additional attention.
The key I felt was not to miss simple and easy Q. I missed many simple questions because I could sleep just 3 hrs the night before. So its v. important to get adequate rest for the 7 hours duel. At peak preparation I had to postpone my exam (sched for May 14th)----had no sleep the night before. The next available date was 6 wks & it was 3 weeks before I picked up the momentum again.
My nbme scores were as follows:
nbme 07 - 207 (13 mths before actual exam)
nbme 11 - 214 (11 mths)
uw-sa-2 - 228 (7 mths)
nbme 12 - 214 (4 mths)
nbme 13 - 232 (11 wks)
nbme 15 - 237 (9 wks)
nbme 16 - 247 (7 wks)
uw-sa-1 - 254 (6.5 wks)

Step1 - 238 (25th June 2014)
I have been a forum member for the last 1 year.....mostly silent. I want to thank all the members for the many questions, helping with explanations, inspiration, humor, all kinds of support which keep us moving forward at all times. I especially want to thank Drs---Sarim, Psychmledr, Cardio69, Sallu004, Fmg8, Miracoli and all other great souls who posted exam experiences & answered queries.

Best wishes to all members for their future endeavors.
I will be glad to answer any questions.

Blessings to all.
Congrats!
Congratulations!!! thank u for sharing your experience. I am new to this forum and preparing for usmle. very pleased to hear for ur sucess.
Congrats!
Thanks for sharing! You did great Smile
Could you please share with us how many times you did FA and UWorld?
Congrats!! Thanks for sharing your exam experience.

Congos !! Good job.

congratulations, great score! thanks for sharing!
@mssy, @usmle_woodmandu, @usmlerelief, @eculizumab, @manu29, @penavarros Thank you !

@escada04
Thank you.
I did FA 6-7 times and I did UW twice making notes of explanations the first time---this I would not recommend to anyone..... rather much better to add in FA which keeps all important stuff in one place for multiple/final revisions. Second time I did UW (cum score 91) for Q practice only with selective reading of explanations of incorrect answers.
Thank you so much for your advice!!! Good luck with your future exams..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »