Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psychiatry Externship at DC VAMC - psychexternship
Hello, there is an excellent Psychiatry externship opportunity at the VAMC in Washington DC.

They require a minimum of 6 months committment. If interested send your letter of interest, CV, USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CS and Step 2 CK scores, copy of ECFMG certificate, Medical School diploma to the following e-mail address shobha.shirali@VA.gov

why do we need to send USMLE steps score and/or ECFMG certificate for an externship?
That's their requirement. If you look closely, all externship programs require this basic information.
Three is just a bedlam.
@psychexternship
Thanks for the information. What is the fees?
There is no fees. It's an excellent opportunity to get hands on Psychiatry experience.
Where is the location? Could you please send me more info. What institution or university?
Does it assure a residency position?
I am now working in research.Does it worth to leave the job and join this externship program?
My Credentials:
ECFMG certified
Step3 Passed
YOG:2002
Citizen
@act2s: This externship is offered at the VA hospital in Washington D.C. Georgetown and St. Elizabeth's residents rotate in this hospital as well.

@tallent: it's your call. None of the externships assure a residency position. It will definitely make your profile stronger, with hands on clinical experience in Psychiatry. You can send the Externship director Dr. Shobha Shirali an e-mail with your credentials if you are interested.
I emailed.. no response.. i called and they said she doesn't work there. SO idk.. but thanks for sharing..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »