Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apply on Sept15, or 24 when CK scores are released - tmpsmx
Hey guys,

So I'm really REALLY really confused. I have heard so many different things when it comes to the whole dilemma of when should I be sending in the applications to the programs. On the 15th (the opening day of the applications) with my Step 1 (230), Step 2CS (1st attempt), ECFMG verification pending.

OR should wait 9 days (possibly 11 days since that's the typical amount of time it takes for the score report to be available on ERAS... supposedly) with Step 1, Step CS, Step 2 CK.

I've heard different things from people so far. 50% say that apply on the 24th with complete application with all three step scores, 50% say that if you apply even a week late, chances are you will not get any interviews as people who have applied in past with incomplete applications but on the opening day, received more interviews than people who applied a week later and some didn't even receive any interviews.

I would like to hear what the people on here have to say about this. What have you heard and what in your opinion is the best thing to do.

I am willing to apply on the 15th because Im afraid I won't receive any interviews. But at the same time, i dont want to hurt my chances by applying without my CK scores (im anticipating a score of anywhere in the range of 245+ based on my assessments)...

so this brings me to my other and last question...

If i apply without the CK scores... Will my application be thrown in garbage if those programs require a Ck score... OR, will it simply not be available to the programs, and available for review once my scores are released. because last thing i want is my application being pushed aside because it was missing my CK score.

anyways, thanks for reading. let me know what your opinion is or what you have heard from others regarding this matter.
11 days are nothing man
if I were in your position I will wait, most of programs will allow receiving the applications till the end of October, definitely for the whole September
the problem is when you have been rejected so that's it, you officially wasted 26$ for nothing. some programs start filtration in the first week after applying so don't apply now in the meanwhile those who started filtration will be able to receive applications even at the end of September. so be in the safe side
if you are AMG so you should apply because it won't affect you mostly, but IMG please wait
Facing the same problem Sad
Same score same situation!!
Can I get ur Skype id if that's okay with you
Plan for best are you sure I'm so confused
More inclined to 24 though
I know a friend who applied at the end of September and he is a PGY 2 right now.
I am not sure about anything because I don't want you to be mad at me if anything wrong happened but at least I am telling you if I was in your situation I will wait

good luck man
Thank you all for the advice! really appreciate it. drstress, send a pm with your skype ID, ill add you. I dont know how to send one since im fairly new to this forum.
Yea I m facing same trouble too, I had contacted some program coordinator n they said applying until early October is fine, so patiently waiting for sept 24.
Add me too, trymedicine2015
DOES IT DEPENDS ON THE PROGRAM DEADLINE ?
Skype id Henkiepeny
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »