Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IM Invitation/Rejection status 2014-2015 - alexa22
this is wondersful. Usually programs dont send out interviews within a week of applying. good luck to all.
@ AMERICANDREAM1 WEN DID U APPLY?
@americandream1:

Nice job! All the best.

I don't know why U at Buffalo didn't invite me yet... Sad

I sent in applications on the 16th by 11:20am. @pfo I also need visa
iv invites are largely random and mostly it depends on luck whether one is invited and other with superior creds is invited or not.. i have seen profound imbalances when u compare "you are invited" and "i am nt"... key here is that there are no fix criterias ....many times interviews co-incide with similar creds, many times they dont. god knws hw they select. sometimes a simple thing like PS attracts them so much than creds. or may be the LOR quality and writers clibre or may be the places they do their USCE or observerships if in geographical sense.

having said that being invited is kool and has to be celebrated. i am happy for you americandream1... @glkmlee there is no need to get disheartened. as ur creds are so awesome that u will get many more quality invites without any doubt and a match is 100% guaranteed for you. gd luck
I totally agree with you pfo. glkmlee ur scores are awesome and you should get several interviews.
Guys, I can tell you one thing - it's so amazing to begin a new week with a call that you're invited for a RESIDENCY IV!!! My first IV!!!! I'm so excited that I'm nearly jumping out of my pajamas.

It's St John Hospital, Detroit, MI.

My creds are: 249/251/pass 1st attempt/YOG 2008/1 mo observership, 3 US LoRs/permanent resident, live in MI
Hello guys
I have a question, hopefully somebody has had a similar experience or has an idea about it
I was a categorical IM resident at a good program, I finished my internship but due to complex family problems I had to quit after it
my creds are:
USCE (internship and 6 months of clinical rotations)
1: 251, 2: 267, 3 passed
3 abstracts

Is this a handicap or a good thing?
Do I have any chances?
Have a niceday everybody and hopefully you get many IV´s

hello chester 86,

It all depends on what your year of graduation is, your scores which are extremely good, your continued experience after you resigned, etc.
Biggest factor are as follows:
whether you voluntarily resigned or you got terminated? and whether you have a letter of recommendation from your program director or not? and atleast 2 other letters of recommendation from your attendings where you did your residency.

let me know if u have more questions. I am sure there are many people in the same boat.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »