Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A day in life of step1 student! My journey starts! - reminemi
I started biostats for a change from micro ! Did epidemiology today .
The first chap Epidemiology had 4 hour lectures .they cleared so many concepts. Now starting biostats.
Completed stats and embryology today from the kaplans book.

Days lost to fever, cough , running nose , sore throat Sad
All set to start anatomy today.
I started gross anatomy. Completed first chap "back and nervous system " along with its videos.
Along with it I revised the first chapter of neuroscience coz it has same parts of the peripheral nervous system and then Watched all embryology kaplans videos.
I completed thorax gross anatomy with the kaplans videos.

It had 10 videos Sad but this man explains so well ( although he is slow ) I enjoyed his coaching Smile
Heart embryology and fetal circulation I did twice properly. Good enough for my first read!
Hey, do you think the Kaplan's Histo and Embryo videos are worth watching? Or is the text self explanatory?
Thanks
@dragon-slayer ...cool name Smile

Embryology is worth watching for sure... I never understood any embryology in med school even though I remember the teachers showing us those embryology models in my medical school . I even didn't know or remember meiosis 1 or 2 from the old days. I didn't know anything about notochord , neural crest and all this.

For the first time these days I'm understanding embryology And everything makes sense. First I did the general embryology , now I'm doing with all the respective systems Smile I would recommend that u watch it with a cool and compose mind. In no time , u will be a pro in embryology Smile I read the text first , then I watch video to see what's the gap in my understanding from the self study of the text.

Histology I hvn't done so far. I only read nervous system histology while I did neuroanat. I hvnt watched any histology videos . I will be able to give u my feedback after I Watch them.

histology text I would read once after completing my gross anat,.I only read nervous tissue histology and it helped me .like I could now see in the figure of "the spinal cord " chapter that dorsal root ganglion is the pseudo unipolar neuron . Before I started , I didn't hv any concept of DRG or pseudo unipolar neurons.
I personally didn't like the histology text per se because I feel that histology in kaplans book looks like a half baked cake . It would need to be supplemented from some other source I guess . My kaplans book is photostat and all histology diagrams are black and White , therefore unclear to me .

I think for histology , ...after completing anatomy kaplans and pathology Goljan , I will try to figure out what to do Sad

Good luck !

Okay, thanks for the reply Smile

And if you want I can send you the kaplan pdf book so you can see the diagrams in color.

Btw, isn't Kaplan Embryo just 16 pages? Is that enough?
@dragon-slayer d embryology in kaplan is coverd ly till 4 weeks in d section.. next is system wise.. everything is covered accordion to me.. d questions i saw in uworld everything was der in map.. watch d vids too.. he's gud Smile

@reminemi.. hey wen r u takin up ur exam?? u r constantly preparing n updating here.. good to c ur spirits so high Smile
@dragon-slayer

Kaplans embryology as such itself is just 15-16 pages ( 4 small chapters). It's just like the trailor of the movie .

Rest of the movie starts after that trailor.
all the main embryology is given along with each system in the gross anatomy ..e.g. In the gross anatomy of thorax , embryology of heart and lungs is given ( it's 10-11 pages for heart embryology and 1.5 pages for lungs embryology)
In Neuroanat first chapter, the embryology of cns is given (1 page)
So basically the embryology is scattered here and there throughout the kaplans book.

Yes , please kindly send me the PDF of kaplans anatomy. I would love to see coloured pics Smile
Send it to me at :
come.undone005
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »