Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@lissauer for Memorang - zeeviq
Hi Lissauer ,

I am new to memorang .I have gone through their website and and seen their yourube videos but I wanted to know from someone who has used the flashcards .

It costs $49 .There are many users who flashcards we can see and use right but that is free? and we can make our own as well and attach pictures to them .Also memorang has 10 000 flashcards to offer which are made from U world and FA .

I wish they would let a free trial .I dont want to purchase and drown into an ocean of reading material if it does not work for me.

So far ive made my own flashcards and discovered that yes I do like flashcards but still what if memorang has erata or lots of irrelevant facts??

You have always advocated them .can you give a detailed feedback?

Please help.Thankyou.
http://0rz.tw/BwKcs
@zeeviq , lissauer - can you tell how to use the memorang efficiently..?
I have started reading FA , couldnt retain much..Sad
thank u
Hi mdpaed ,

Sure , once I start using it fully I can .I havent bought the subscription yet but you can check out their website and listen to their 2 minute video which gives an overview .They 10, 000 flashcards of their own made from FA 2014 and UW and we can make our own unlimited number of flashcards OR study from other members flashcards .There is a progress chart , graphing , spaced repitition , reverse cards ( give clues and you have to name the object ) or they give the object and you give the salient features ...to name some of the things available with them.
Hey zeeviq ,thank you..will try it definitely..
@zeeviq,

here is my detailed feedback. i hope it helps you!

@mdpaed. check out blog: http://blog.memorangapp.com/how-top-stud...ning-modes i follow this as bible for my own study but do whatever works for you.

price:

Thanks for questions. It says $49 but you can actually get for much less. For example, if you study 1 fact the price is already only $46. If you study 10 facts it goes down to $45. If you make a study set and add it to a new folder it goes down to less than $40. If you invite a friend you get $5 for every invite with no limit. I know this because it happened to me and they send email. I think its way to get people to make content and share and they lower the price as goodwill gesture.

I actually got memorang for $2 because i shared link with friends and they signed up. I did not want to wait for last $2 lol.

relevance:

In terms of errata and irregular facts, it says that it is more accurate than FA since they went through FA2014 and corrected with all the errata and then did their own fact checking from sources (listed on their website, updtodate, pubmed etc). the facts is only what you would need to know from FA so i think it might be just about highyield. it sounds ridiculous that 10000 flashcards would be high yield but the step 1 is killer. i didnt see a publisehd errata but when i suggested correction where something was not clear, i kid you not this happened (and this is why i always say for people to use)

story: i was studying cardiology and i saw something about QT where the flashcard question did not make sense to me. i clicked the flag to suggest a correction and in 30 seconds i got an email back saying it was fixed. if they fix stuff that quick then i trust them for sure. 30 seconds, can you imagine?! Thats why im a fan.

criticism #1: what i dont like about memorang is that there is not a mobile app yet. i can use on tablet but not on phone. i asked for iphone app many times, and i looked and it says now in beta so probably soon.

criticism#2: one thing that i could not figure out how to do was a way to combine all the chapters together into one session. the way i have to do it now is favorite sets from the chapters and combine them in dashboard. i hope they add something like this soon since it would make rapid review easier.

okay i typed too much. if u need my opinion further plz let me know. i should be studying...
Thanks .GREAT review
thanks for the review!! i bought it a few weeks back and kinda left it after sometime. youve inspired me to go back to it Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »