Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ONLY for IMGs - rbelo005

I understand that to become a Medical Doctor in the US, coming from another country is very time consuming and a very difficult task. I came to the US at 37 years old and try to study for the USMLE and work at the same time. It was a very difficult time and could not succeed. Besides the money; there is a lot of time without your family, which will be difficult to recover. I found out about a program at Florida International University where you can become a Family Nurse Practitioner in 3 years; is a Masters program exclusively for International Medical Graduates, where, from Foreign Educated Physician you go through and get a bachelors degree (Registered Nurse) in 1 1/2 years, and continue to the Masters portion with no time waste and become family Nurse Practitioner ( another 1 1/2 years). It takes 3 years and is recognized nation wide. At the end, you will be able to become a healthcare provider in America, and for less of the money, struggle and time. This is just an option to have, when things are not doing too well pursuing the MD path, and always remember time flies and there is no time to waste in this country.
Think about it!
can you tell me more about the program, i went through the web site but couldn't find any info about imgs like you are saying
so if we get the license is it easy to find a job as NP or our ages also will be a problem.
You go into Florida International University web site and search for FEP-BSN-MSN program. FEP for Foreign Educated Physician
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »