Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am not sure what is reason for my rejection - drnewyork1
Dear Applicant:

Thank you for considering the Washington University/B-JH/SLCH Consortium Program for Psychiatry Residency.

Unfortunately, we receive applications from many more individuals than we can interview and regret that we will not be able to extend an invitation to you to interview with us.

Best wishes in your future career.

Sincerely,

Director, Psychiatry Residency Training Program
Professor of Psychiatry

I applied on first day; no need visa; has 6 month hand on psy experience and LOR; still rejection?

Simply too competitive. ..maybe not on your end. Don't take it too hard. We ALL get one or two of those types of emails
Maybe a score/yog filter or just plain bad luck.
you are applying to 100+ programs and will get interviews from 5-10 programs...thats means 90+ rejections whether you hear back from them or not. doesnt matter the reason. just look at the rejection and move on.
Well said @ sys7182
my classmate & i live in the same state, we don't need visa, he repeated step 1 while I did not, my scores are better than his, I have step 3 while he does not, I have much more USCE than he did, we applied to virtually the same programs.
He got invited to a program that rejected me....they said I meet their minimal requirements so they chose better candidates?? Mind you, he has no connection to the program
@arrowmates that's really bizarre. Did your friend apply to the program before you? That's the only possible explanation I can come up with.
I am sad because program should have criteria for rejection
they are trying to be polite, it is a generic rejection
@drnewyork1 they do have minimum reqs but more people meet the reqs than they have interview seats. and selection is not cookie cutter where is you have above a score they accept you. there are MANY other factors they have to take into consideration so its not that simple.
in foreign countries, all that matters is score. in the U.S. this is NOT the case. in the U.S., someone with amazing interview skills and low scores has a much higher chance of matching than someone with poor interview skills and high scores.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »