Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRA/CRC course - kompete_xy
PLEASE FULLY INQUIRE BEFORE ENROLLING. THERE IS NO JOB GUARNTEE AFTER YOU COMPLETE.

BARNETT INTERNATIONAL INTERACTIVE WEB SEMINAR
10-Week CRA & CRC Beginner Program - Last Chance to Register
October 8 - December 17, 2014 | Wednesday nights, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM Eastern | No class November 26

Register Now | Course Details

Course Description:

The online 10-Week CRA & CRC Beginner Program provides a comprehensive introduction to clinical research and the job functions of the Clinical Research Associate (CRA) and Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) for drug, biologic, and device trials. This program is geared toward individuals seeking a new career or career change into clinical research, but haven't decided which job track to pursue. Case studies and industry best practices are presented to emphasize how the learning objectives apply directly to the responsibilities of the CRA and CRC. Upon completion, Barnett will provide resume assistance so that you can position yourself for entry into this market.

The resources required to take this online course are an Internet connection and a phone. After registering, you will receive an email confirmation that provides you with the Web Seminar link and audio connection information. Prior to the start of the course, participants will receive a comprehensive course workbook and reference guides. Come to class prepared to interact - you will be able to ask questions, provide feedback and participate in discussions and group work. In order to complete the course, participants are required to pass both a mid-term and a final exam in order to receive accreditation CEUs. Upon completion, training and CEU certificates will be provided to all participants.

Learning Objectives:

Describe and discuss the investigational product development process, including FDA regulations, ICH guidelines, and Good Clinical Practices (GCPs)
Explain the roles and responsibilities of a CRA and CRC
Describe the four types of monitoring visits, including the responsibilities of the CRA and CRC in preparation, activities, and follow-up
Discuss the role of the Institutional Review Board in clinical trials, define informed consent requirements, and discuss the informed consent process
Define safety definitions and reporting requirements for both drugs and devices
Discuss regulatory compliance and quality assurance as it relates to audits and inspection
Course Outline:

Module 1: Investigational Product Development, the FDA, and Good Clinical Practice Guidelines
Module 2: Clinical Research Team: Roles and Responsibilities
Module 3: The Principal Investigator, Site Selection, and Budget Negotiation
Module 4: Clinical Study Protocol Elements and Statistical Considerations
Module 5: Institutional Review Boards, the Consent of Human Volunteers, and HIPAA
Module 6: Study Monitoring, Data Management, and Study Initiation Visit
Module 7: Safety Reporting: Definitions and Reporting Requirements
Module 8: Accountability for the Test Article and Trial Termination Visits
Module 9: Regulatory Compliance and Quality Assurance: Audits and Inspections
Module 10: Managing Your Time and Preparing for the Interview
Who Should Attend:

Aspiring Clinical Research Associates and Clinical Research Coordinators (This course is also appropriate for Clinical Research Associates and Clinical Research Coordinators with less than six months experience)
College Students and New Graduates in a Scientific Field
Nurses
This course is for individual registrants only.

Instructor:

This course will be taught by one of the following instructors:

Nikki Christison, B.S.
Lily Romero, P.A., C.C.R.C.
Susan Torchio, R.N., B.S.N.

What Previous Students Have Said...

"Many times over the last 10 weeks, I've been able to apply the information directly to something I was working on at my job. I appreciated being able to see the importance of the quality of the work I do. We work with many different CROs and sponsors. It was extremely helpful seeing the clinical trial industry from their perspective."

"I thought it was fantastic and it did help me land my job - a CRA I. My satisfaction with the class was high because there was interaction AND online - a tough combo to find."

"I am a CRC and am running four studies now. The class was such a great class to start with and I am using what I learned daily. I am very happy to be in research."

"I'm a technical trainer for a large clinical trials division and my goal in taking this course was to better understand the role played by a CRA. This course has definitely done that for me and I can see myself applying what I have learned to my trainings. The presenter has a lot of real world knowledge and experience which she constantly applied to the course. I couldn't ask for a better speaker/trainer. Very easy to navigate and great use of technology. On a scale of 1 to 10......12!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more information contact Customer Service at 800-856-2556 or customer.service@barnettinternational.com.

Barnett International | 250 First Avenue, Suite 300 | Needham, MA 02494
Phone: 781.972.5400 or toll free 800.856.2556 | Fax: 781.972.5425 | www.barnettinternational.com

This email is being sent to aarora@kumc.edu. This email communication is for marketing purposes. If it is not of interest to you, please disregard
and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Visit www.chicorporate.com/corporate_unsubscribe.aspx to update usage.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »