Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed step 3...need tips on residency -
Joy - joymd03

I have crossed the Step 3 barrier and now need some advice on how to get into a residency program. Thanks in advance!
desperate

Help us with some tips on passing Step 3! What books did you read? How long did you prepare? How did you practice?
joewest

May I ask you how long it took for your step 3 result to come? I'd also like to know how long it took for you to receive your permit to schedule step 3. Regarding your residency, what would you like to know specifically? I have good experience with the process.
Joy - joymd03

I received the result in exactly 4 weeks. The permit took about 6 weeks.
I prepared for a month. Study material I used: Swanson, REA, Washington Manual and a couple of CDs with questions and ccs.
My questions regarding residency are mainly about how to get into a program, what programs to apply to so that the probabilty of getting into a program is high etc.
FMG

Joy, I suppose you are tring to get a position for 2005. If you want to match this year you should have already applied.
gunjal garg - gunjalgarg

hi there

could you please answer a question for me
i just want to know how difficult is it to get in to a obgyn residency in states being a fmg
your response will be greatly apreciated
cheers!
Boy

Dude u must be kidding me passing step 3 and not knowing how to apply for a residency program ask ur parter with whom u prepared for all those steps - dude u r funny try the tricks some other place
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »