Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family Medicine: FMEC Scholarship 25 left - nomad1095
to all FM applicants that want to know about FMEC scholarships. As of 30 seconds ago, there are still 25 scholarships available. Hurry and apply for it if you are interested, but if you are not considering attending it then please DO NOT apply for the scholarship because you will waste spot(s) for other people that really want to attend. Good luck
@ momad1095

I looked at the scholarship form and my school is not on it. Is it only for medical students or IMG's can also apply?
Everyone is eligible. The medical schools that you see are the ones that will attend. I just got an email to forward the application to all fellow students who are interested.
I might have missed something. can you send me a link on this? thanks
I asked them and it is not for IMG. But if we want to attend we can do onsite application? @nomad1095 do we have to register to be member first? Do you have a link for that? Waiting for info from them, no reply yet.
i don't know what you are talking about stepfighter because there are at least two schools on that list are IMG. I am also an IMG along with 4 other people from my school are IMGs. we got the scholarship and heading out to virginia soon.

search Family Medicine Education Consortium on google and it will bring all of you to their site and the site is very easy to navigate. Join them as a member then fill out the application for scholarship.
http://fmec.net/
thanks for the reply nomad1095 , will double check.
If you are a recent graduate or a graduate it does not matter according to the email i received. The scholarship is for students only. (May require validation by presenting a current student ID).
As for attending at your own cost, they have closed down the payment system due to being fully filled.

@nomad1095
FYI
I called on monday and talked to Ms. Jennifer Stamper at 937-239-4058. She told me that no IMG and registration is closed.
I called and was told that we can do on-site registration, but will cost a couple hundred. Scholarship is not available to IMGs whose schools are not on that list (mine wasn't). She didn't mention anything about grad or not.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »